Chapter 7

I woke up in pain. I felt pain all over my body. It hurt so much I couldn't even move.

I didn't realize where I was until I actually opened my eyes. I was still in my room. All alone just lying on the floor.

I knew I couldn't tell anyone what Christian had done to me or else he'd do something even worse to me, who knows, but I needed to think of something. Fast.

"Tori?" I heard Bailey's voice say. I knew exactly what I was gonna say. I already had an excuse in mind.

"Help!" I yelled. I could here the thud of her footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Jesus what happened!" She yelled. "They robbed me," I lied barely even being able to get up.

"What'd they get?" She asked helping me lay on the bed. "My jewelry," I said. "Then he knocked me out before I could even chase him."

-

"Tori what are we gonna do," my mom sighed, studying my face.

"Can I just take a shower? And can we all pretend this never happened?" I asked annoyed.

"If that's what you want sweetie."

That's not what I want though. I want my mom to break up with Christian. I want my dad back. That's all I want!

An innocent 17 year old girl can't have her father back because I'm not in some fantasy with happy ever after endings.

-

The next morning, I put on a hoodie, sweatpants and boots because it was gonna be cold today and it was a Friday so I wanted to be comfy.

I added mascara to my green eyes and made a messy bun just for the laziness of it.

Then I brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack. I walked downstairs to find Christian, my mom, Bailey and Nash.

"I really need to get going bye," I said as soon as I noticed Christian giving me a dirty look; I was already walking towards the door.

"Tori wait!" My mom called. "Come get breakfast."

"I'll just get cafeteria food," I said, making eye contact with Nash. He knew something was up, but thank his he didn't know what it was.

"Alright fine," my mom said. "Bye," I said one last time.

-

"Hey," I said as Hayes made his way over to me. "What happened to you? Again!" Hayes yelled, concern in his voice.

"I uhm they robbed me?" It came out more like a question. "Why aren't you so sure?" He asked.

We were outside by the tree like we usually were, "Nevermind Hayes, can we just go inside?" I asked, "we're gonna be late."

"I just want to know if you're okay," he said about to place his hands on my shoulders, but I winced.

"Why'd you make that face?" He asked.

"What face?" I tried my best to lie.

"You looked scared," he paused, "like if I was gonna hit you."

"Did you think I was gonna hit you?" He asked.

"N-no," I stuttered. "What makes you think t-that?" I asked.

"You're lying," he said looking me in the eyes.

"Look at all the scratches and bruises you have on your arms, it's as if the robber grabbed you and beat the shit out of you. Look at your face, it's worse!" He yelled.

"Hayes you're attracting attention."

He sighed, "tell me what's going on, please. I see pain and fear in your eyes."

"I c-can't," I said. "Why?" He asked, "you don't trust me?"

"I do," I said looking down at the grass. "Then tell me," hayes said.

"I can't, I'm sorry," I grabbed my backpack and began walking inside.

-

All of school, Hayes didn't say a word to me. He was by my side almost the whole day, but there was no conversation the whole time. He knew what I was like and he didn't wanna bother me, I'm appreciated it.

Natalie, Tyler, Hayes and I might hang out tomorrow but I'm not too sure yet.

When the bell dismissed us, I walked the opposite way of my house. I didn't wanna go home. Not home to Christian so I walked to the park instead.

I went to the very back where the bench was. I sat down and closed my eyes.

I could feel my eyes well up with tears, I just really needed to let it out.

I cried and cried and even screamed from anger and frustration. It's not like anyone was there anyways.

I honestly just wanted to leave. Be gone. Hayes would be happy with Jordan or even Ashley anyways. Natalie and Tyler would be the best of friends and wouldn't need me any longer anyways.

I closed my eyes again and tried to calm myself down, but the tears kept stealing down my cheeks.

I could feel someone take a seat beside me, but I ignored them and kept my eyes closed. I figured it was Tyler because he was out here most of the time.

"Tyler please go away, I wanna be alone."

"I'm not Tyler," the familiar voice said.

"Nash," I said opening my eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked. I needed to think.. Quickly. I decided I could trust Nash, he's like the older brother I never had.

"Yes," I sighed. "Please."

"Wanna tell me what's been bugging you?" He asked tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I-I can't," I managed to say. "What?" He asked. I didn't notice there were tears rolling down face until Nash wiped them away with his thumb.

"Tori!" I heard someone yell. "You need to come home!" The voice said. It was Christian. No no no no.

"Well you better get going," Nash said. "Yeah," I said softly. "Hey Nash," Christian faked a smile.

"Hey Christian, well you tell me next time okay, Tori?" He asked.

"Tell him what?" Christian asked, squeezing my wrist. "Nothing," I gulped.

"Well we better get going, bye Nash," Christian said, yanking my wrist as Nash jogged off, continuing his run.

hi guys! I made this chapter long! And it's a cliff hanger 😅💘