Chapter 2

I quickly hopped into the shower and did everything I had to do. I still had the scars, from when my dad happened.

Hayes just hasn't seemed to notice. That's a good thing. He'd probably scold me and give me a whole lecture about how "beautiful" I am. But I'm not. To be completely honest, I'm not. I'm not one of those pretty girls you see in movies.

When I finished, I put on high waisted shorts, a white tank top, and my white high tops.

Once my hair was finally dried, I straightened my long hair and applied mascara. The only thing I actually really liked about myself were my green eyes. Which the mascara seemed to make them stand out.

-

"I'm outside," Hayes said through the phone. "I'll be down in a minute."

"Mom I'm going out!" I yelled as I went down the stairs. "With hayes?" She smiled. "No mom with Tyler, yes with Hayes!"

"I haven't hearts from Tyler," she said ignoring what I just said about Hayes. "We've hung out, just not a lot, I mean I have classes with him," I smiled.

"You two should hang out more, you are neighbors so take advantage of it," she said making her way upstairs already.

"Remember, be back before 8!" She yelled before I slammed the door of the front door.

I groaned in annoyance. "Why are you mad?" Hayes asked taking my hand in his. "I have to be home by 8 cause I'm going out to eat dinner with my family," I said, rolling my eyes. "What's so bad about that?" He said looking down at me as we continued to walk to the movies.

"With Christian," I finished. "I love that guy! He's hilarious as shit!" He laughed just thinking about it.

"Yeah he is," I lied. "What's so bad about him?" He asked. "Nothing, I just don't seem to like him."

"Tori," Hayes sighed, "you're gonna have to accept him sometime of your mom really loves him."

"She doesn't," I replied, annoyed. "You don't know that," Hayes said letting go of my hand.

"Hayes I don't wanna start arguing with you over something stupid like Christian," I said, opening the door of the movie theater.

"I'm trying to make things better," he said under his breath.

"My treat," Hayes said, stopping my hand from reaching into my pocket.
"No stop, just cause it's my birthday doesn't mean you have to pay," I argued.

"Tori I'm serious," he said. "Fine," I agreed.

-

"I'll have an icee please," I smiled at the lady. "What flavor?" She asked.

"The blue one," I said, Hayes laughed. "What?" I asked turning to him. "The blue one," he mimicked me. "I don't know the names of the flavors," I defended. "Whatever," Hayes laughed.

Hayes and I walked into the theater, with barely anyone in there. "Remember when we came to the movies and we saw Jordan cheating on you," I laughed thinking of that day.

"She was a bitch," I laughed. "Don't call her that, you don't have to be mean," Hayes said.

"Since when do you care about her feelings?" I asked, resting my feet on the chair Infront of me.

"I don't know I just feel bad talking about other people," Hayes said. "No you don't, I've known you my whole life and you never gave a shit about other people's feelings. Not to mention, you did bully me."

"I said I was sorry about that, you don't always have to bring it up," Hayes said looking away, sounding annoyed.

"Bring it up?" I laughed. "I haven't brought it up in forever."

"You always use it against me and i always have to tell you I'm sorry," he said rolling his eyes.

"You didn't even deserve to me forgiven. I mean, you treated me like a piece of shit, and you made the whole school hate me! You didn't just make them hate me, you had help from them. You had help bullying me," i said looking away.

"Yeah I did, and maybe it should've stayed that way!" Hayes yelled.

He did not just say that.

"I'm leaving," I said getting up grabbing my bag, already exiting the movie theater.

Sorry for the short chapter! 😏