RACHMANIOFF - SIX MOMENTS MUSICAUX, OP. 16 : NO. 3 IN B MINOR, ADANTE CANTABILE

chishiya shuntarou spent his days trapped within his emotions and the four walls of his room. he rarely ate, half because of his lack of energy and half because of his lack of hunger. it was strange, his days felt duller, and he knew it was because of the absence of your being. but he had been perfectly fine (to an extent) before meeting you. so why did it hurt especially now?

his head hit the wall, strands falling stray along his forehead as he wrung his hands between his fingertips. he couldn't get rid of your image no matter how much he tried, frustrating him. it didn't allow him to sleep nor do any tasks to get it off his mind. all he could think about were the memories in which you both shared, and the things he used to do to spend his days.

a soft lullaby when he had trouble calming his mind during the night. 'claire de lune' you had told him, gentle with the notes and quiet enough to make him feel sleepy the longer it dragged on. he could feel the fatigue catch up to him, perhaps because of the song or your presence in itself. either way he could only remember the gentle touch of your fingers on his forehead and the tune fading in his ears.

the countless days and nights spent trying to learn the language you spoke. he hadn't told you, but he picked up a book on his way back from a game to study along with the lessons you personally gave him. a patient smile as you wrote what each gesture of your hands meant and having him practice holding real conversations. he enjoyed it, being able to converse with you in what you were used to. at times you would notice his confusion and reach for your notebook, but he was quick to lower it and explain that he was just pondering over the answer.

chishiya swallowed thickly, hating how the memories worsened his mood. he wasn't sure if he regretted the temporary moments of happiness, or was grateful for the semblance of peace you had brought him, even if for just a short while.

so many questions. he hated not knowing the answers.