MENDELSSOHN - SONGS WITHOUT WORDS OP. 19 NO. 1

you'd laugh at how chishiya, a man of great intelligence, was terrible when it came to intimate relationships. not even a day of admitting the feelings felt for the other did you notice the awkwardness in which he expressed himself, as if unsure about how to do so. or perhaps he wanted to deny it for as long as he could.

it was most obvious when he made no moves to initiate any sort of physical contact. it was like the moment at the rooftop had been a one time thing, and now you were left in amusement at his actions. sitting beside you but merely eating and then proceeding to leave the cafeteria. walking in the halls but feeling only the brush of his fingers. most would probably be upset at such a predicament, feeling insecure about his lack of affection. you however, knew chishiya was still processing the idea, and would go at his own pace when it came to you.

so instead you lived for the moments by the bench just as before, for it was comfortable for the both of you. playing songs that reflected the fullness of your heart, the burn each time his fingers graced your skin and the small twitch of his mouth at seeing how happy you were. it was a strange relationship, one you both hadn't been expecting. but you knew where your heart and your priorities lay, and that was to love each part of him, even the ones that may annoy you.

and you knew chishiya would do the same.

it was why you'd laugh each time he seemed to ignore the idea of outwardly showing his adoration, and smile when he'd protest each time one asked about the status of your relationship. chishiya was a great liar, you'd give him that, for he was never caught off guard by the questions and attempts to push the two of you further together. he did it in an ease that made almost you, the only one who knew the truth, believe the intricacy of the syllables.

chishiya was unable to hide forever though. his words may have masked what he wished to express, but his eyes, ones that bored into your own, never failed to hold you in embrace that had you feeling as if you were the only person in the room.