Chapter 23: Billie Jean Is Not My Lover - You Are

Start from the beginning

"I don't know!" I cry.

She gives me an "are-you-serious" look, and brings her head closer to mine.

She inhales deeply, and begins to pull away.

"Oh! What's this?" she asks, running her forefinger across my jawline.

She shows me her finger. It's red.

Oh God! Billie was wearing red lipstick!

I'm screwed, she's not gonna believe my story now!

My eyes winden, and she slaps me across the face harshly.

It begins to sting, and I caress my cheek, tears in my eyes from the force of her hand.

She's a fiesty one!

"We've been together 7 months, Jackson! And you're already cheating on me?!" she asks sadly, walking straight by me, to the staircase.

I follow her as she arrives to the bedroom. "No! It's literally not what you think!"

"Oh, I think it is!" she retaliates. "That's what they all say when they're screwed!"

"No, I can explain!" I cry, sitting on the bed by her, and wrapping my arms around her.

She forces them away from her. "You promised me you'd never hurt me."

"And I haven't!" I protest.

"Then explain the female perfume and the girly red lipstick you happen to be sporting then!" she hisses.

"It's that Billie Jean!" I explain desperately.

"Billie?!" she screams, standing up from the bed and walking angrily to the window, and looking out it, her arms folded.

"Yes, but listen! I came home to warn you!"

"Warn me about what? The fact you're cheating on me?"

"NO!" I yell, walking over to the window and standing next to her.

I pull at her arm, making her entire body turn to face me.

"Listen!" I command. "I'd never cheat on you!"

"But you did.." she whispers dejectedly, tears in her eyes. "You're just like Alex; a liar."

"Don't EVER compare me to that asshole again, you hear me?" I reply angrily, forcing her to look me dead in the eyes. "Cos I'm not even close to what he is!"

"I'll compare you to what I want, Michael. At least I'm decent enough not to cheat on someone that's been hurt enough already."

"I've not hurt you! Look, I'm explaining this to you now, and I don't care how much you interrupt me," I hiss.

"Try then, go on!" she challenges.

"Fine-"

"I can't believe you!-"

"I went to the doctors, to do my normal job-"

"You're nasty!-"

"And she was the last patient on my list, and-"

"Not listening, Jackson!-"

"She tried to get me to kiss her, cos she's still in love with me, and-"

"Blah, blah, blah!-"

"And then she chased me all around the building until I gave up-"

"In one ear, out the other-"

"And then she forced me into my doctor's office, and she kissed me over and over, and I couldn't stop her-"

"You are a liar.."