Chapter 16: The Watcher in the Woods (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

   Scott walks out of the kitchen and heads to the living room window, which overlooks the entire town of Riverdale from his hillside home. Scott is trying to process all the information he's heard. Was he being a hypocrite for dating a criminal's daughter? These were questions that were playing all in his head.

Scott: I knew he went to jail for something but I always assumed it was for some Bernie Madoff type crimes.

Aaron: I know you wanna play superhero but this is the real deal. You sure you can handle this?

   Before Scott could answer, he feels his left thigh shaking. He checks his pocket to see that it's his phone and that he's received a text. As he begins to read it, a look of worry forms across his face.

Scott: I gotta go. We can talk about this later.

Aaron: Yeah, sure.

   As Scott walks out. Aaron is left alone, as he begins to worry for his little brother.

           - - - -SUNNY-SIDE TRAILER PARK- - - -
  That same evening, Scott arrives at Sunny-Side Trailer Park and walks into the Joneses trailer house. Inside he sees Betty dabbing Jughead's face with alcohol, as he looks pretty banged up.

Scott: Hey, what happened?

Betty: Jughead got into an accident, on his motorcycle.
Can't you just take a day off?

Jughead: It's not that bad. Just some cuts and bruises.

Scott: Looks like you got ran over, by a truck.

Betty: I told you that motorcycle was risky, Jug. You promised me you were always gonna wear a helmet.

Jughead: It was just around the block. Don't blame me, all right? Blame the pothole.

  Scott face forms into something of confusion. Falling from a pothole wouldn't mess you up the same way Jughead had looked.

Betty: I thought you were gonna say that you got jumped by those Creepies...

Toni: Ghoulies. But, no, the Serpents won't allow that.They got Jughead's back.

Sandra: Even though he's not a member. It's just family loyalty.

At that moment, he notices that Toni and Sandra are there, as well. He honestly did not even see them standing there, while Sandra is going into the Jones family fridge.

Sandra[cont.]: Damnit, you guys don't have any beer here?

Jughead: No, we don't.

Sandra: Ugh, whatever.

   Sandra slams the fridge, in annoyance, upsetting Scott and Jughead and kind of frightening Betty.

Betty: Great, well... I've gotta go to school, try and fix this mess with Kevin.

  Betty gets up from the couch and walks over to Scott, Toni, and Sandra. But Betty's focus is predominantly on Scott.

Betty[cont.]: Can you keep an eye on him for me?

Scott: You can count on us.

  Scott then walks Betty out of the trailer and once Betty is gone, Scott immediately turns his attention to Jughead, who has a bashful look.

Scott: Pothole?

Jughead: It was all I could come up with.

Scott: So what really happened?

Toni: Ghoulies jumped him, last night. Me and Sandra saw him crawling back to his trailer.

Sandra: You think he looks bad now, you should have seen what he looked like before.