Chapter 15: Nighthawk (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Veronica: How long will you be staying?

Aaron: Just until Christmas, then I'll be heading back to San Francisco.

Veronica: Well in that case, we should all do something. Maybe the three of us get a bite to eat, at POP's...

Scott: Veronica.

Suddenly, both Veronica and Aaron turn around to see Scott standing in the door way. Both of them couldn't tell but Scott was practically fidgeting at the sight of his girlfriend talking to his brother. He wanted this nightmare to end as soon as possible.

Scott[cont.]: We should head out. Don't wanna be late for school.

Veronica: Right. It was nice meeting you, Aaron.

Aaron: Likewise, Ms. Lodge.

After Veronica walks out the door and heads toward Scotts car. Scott then turns around to give his brother one last look, before shutting the door. Aaron was now left alone with and felt like he was trapped between a rock and a hard place.

- - - - STREETS OF RIVERDALE- - - -
A little while after that awkward meet up. Scott and Veronica are taking a drive to school. Scott kept his eyes on the road, while Veronica kept looking back forward at both the road and him. She wanted to break the tension but didn't know what to say.

Veronica: Your brother seemed nice.

Scott: I guess.

Veronica: Did I do something wrong?

Scott: No! No, it's just... I wasn't ready for you to meet him yet, that's all. It's nothing, let's forget about ok?

  The couple continue to drive in silence, until they reach they park in front of the high school. Once Scott puts the car in park, he's about to get out when he notices that Veronica is troubled by something.

Scott: Hey. If this is about meeting my brother? It's totally fine, I just...

Veronica: No, It's not about that. I just don't want us keeping secrets, from each other. If there's something you wanna talk about, you know I'm here for you right?

  Scott could see the sincerity in Veronica face. Knowing he was practically lying to her everyday, about his night life, Scott knew it would be even more dangerous if he told her the truth. Scott then put on his sincere face and looked Veronica in the eyes and transformed into the good boyfriend.

Scott: Of course I do, And I promise to always be there for you.

They both lean in for a kiss and they soon pull apart and walk into school together.

- - - - THE BLUE AND GOLD - - - -
Later, in the school day, Betty and Jughead walk into the blue and gold office, with defeated looks, as Scott is sitting behind the desk.

Scott: I take it the meeting with Mayor McCoy didn't go so well.

Betty: We talked to her about doing something special, for Pop Tate. To remind him that this town does care about him and the diner and she immediately shut it down.

Jughead: The worst part is she wouldn't even consider getting my Dad a better attorney, even though we know she has an in with the State Attorney.

Scott: So... what's the plan, now?

  Betty and Jughead both looked at each other, not really knowing the answer to that question. Scott could read the two, well.

Scott: Maybe we need to rethink the strategy, for both problems.

Betty: What do you mean?

Scott: Maybe we shouldn't go to authority members for help, since clearly they don't give a damn about us. Maybe we need start taking things into our own hands. And that we way, we could the results we want.

   Betty and Jughead listen closely, to Scotts words. He was making a good point, that the two of them didn't think about. The three have been some what rebellious, in the past, why not be rebellious, to do some good.

Scott[cont.]: Or, Y'know, something like that.

                        - - - - CLASSROOM- - - -
  Later that same evening, In class, while everyone is talking Principal Weatherbee walks in with a somber look, on his face. Both Archie and Scott notice this, at their desk, both knew something wasn't right.

Principal Weatherbee: May I have everyone's attention? I have some tragic news to share. Ms. Grundy, who was a teacher here last semester, was found murdered in her Greendale home last night.

  Every student, in that classroom, was left speechless. Scott, on the other hand, was already thinking like The Red Knight and beginning to think of possible suspects .

Principal Weatherbee: I know some of you were students of hers, and that this news will be difficult to process....

  While Principal Weatherbee is addressing the students, Archie suddenly gets up and walks out of the classroom. Leaving all the students to wonder what was going on.

Principal Weatherbee: Mr. Andrews?

   Not all the students knew about the scandalous relationship Archie and Ms.Grundy had. But Scott knew and with the last couple of days Archie has been having. Scott knew this was gonna be a tough for him to process.