Chapter Twenty Six

POV Louis

"Yes, I will check on him when I'm done with my patients." I say to Lily my assistant nurse.

"Dr. Tomlinson, I know you are busy but he really is getting impatient." Lily says scared.

I sigh. "Then let him be impatient. I don't have time now."

Lily looks at me doubtfully but speaks up. "You don't understand, he is getting like really freaked out if you don't go to see him."

I try to stay calm, this isn't Lily's fault. "Okay, I will check on him."

Roman has arrived this morning. But I haven't had time to visit him yet, and I want to meet Roman myself first before I take Harry with me. Harry thinks Roman isn't coming until the end of the afternoon, but apparently he's so sick he had to come earlier.

"If you don't get that fucking doctor right now, I will do it myself understood!" I hear a man shouting when I stand in front of his room.

When I walk in, I see Roman looking at me. He looks really sick, real skinny, pale and his hair has fallen out he is completely bald. He doesn't look like Harry at first sight. Except his eyes. He has the same pure green eyes as Harry.

"Mr. Styles, I really would appreciate it if you lower your voice to my nurses." I say trying to stay calm.

I'd rather drag him out of his bed. Hurt him as much as he did to Harry, but I can't. I have to stay professional.

"And I would really appreciate it, if you came to check on me on time." He snaps back.

I close my eyes, I know this men for least than a minute and he is already testing my patience.

"Okay well I'm here now, so I would like to do some tests on you." I say, as I walk towards him.

Roman isn't saying anything, so I'm running some tests on him. After twenty minutes I'm done but the results worries me a lot. And when I write everything down in the patient system, Roman speaks up.

"So, what are the results? When can I can go home?" He says kind of irritated.

I look at him surprised and shocked. "Mr. Styles, you know you are very sick right?"

He doesn't seems impressed and it irritates me. "Your kidney is completely weakened from all the alcohol that you consumed all those years, there is a tumor in the neck that has spread throughout your body. And your lungs are black probably from smoking. You have a low blood pressure and your oxygen level is way to low. So no, you can't go home anytime soon."

Now Roman looks angry. "So you're telling me it's my fault, I got this sick just I smoked some and started drinking from a young age?"

I close my eyes, realizing I'm not being professional. "I'm sorry Mr. Styles, it wasn't my intention to make you angry. I'm just trying to explain that you are really sick, and I want to make you better so you can go home. But I need you to take this really seriously."

Roman huffs. "Fine, when can I go into surgery?"

"Tomorrow morning, but to be honest there are extremely high risks involved that you should know about." I say.

Roman rolls his eyes. "Just tell them."

I don't understand his disinterested attitude, but I decide to ignore it and stay professional towards him. "Long story short, it looks like you have a ten percent change of survival if we go operate."

"And If I decide, I don't want it?" He asks.

And no matter what kind of patient it is, it's still difficult to bring bad news. "It is always difficult to estimate, but I give you two maybe three month before your body will give up."