Chapter Twenty Four

POV Louis

"Please Lou, just a few hours." Harry begs.

"Harry we already talked about this, you should take it easy. So no work even just a few hours." I say seriously.

The past few weeks have been tough, physically and mentally for Harry. He moved in with me, which went very well. But he couldn't help with carrying the boxes which made him a little irritated. His wound on his stomach has healed well, but it's going to be a scar. And I can feel he is ashamed of it, which really breaks my heart. We haven't been intimate with each other, mostly because I don't think he is ready. On his bad days he wouldn't even let me hold him. I try to support him and I'm always telling him, that he is the most beautiful person I've ever seen. But I don't think he realizes it himself.

"But I'm going crazy in this house Louis! You're just working while I'm sitting here, all alone. Don't you know what that feels like?" Harry whines dramatically.

As I get ready for another day at work, Harry has been chasing me all morning. Begging to start working again. "I know love, but I don't think you are ready yet."

Harry looks irritated. "Oh just because you think I'm not ready yet, I can't go to work?"

I smile at him while I take on my scrubs. "Exactly."

Harry looks at me challenging. "Soo, what if I don't want to listen to you?"

I smirk and walk to him, I give him a quick kiss on his lips. "Hmm, I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"But lucky, you are not me. And I want to go to work." He starts whining again.

"Harry, I'm seriously. You are not going, if you really take it easy, we can look how you feeling next week." I say.

"Ugh, this is so unfair." Harry says giving up this discussion.

I take his chin in my hands, and kiss him a goodbye kiss as I go to work. Without him.

🩺

When I enter the hospital, I immediately feel good. I love my job. And because Jacob survived the surgery and he even woke up healthy from his coma, I'm starting a new case this week. Which is very exciting.

"Morning boss." I say to Chief, as I see him walking towards me.

"Good morning Tomlinson, how is my favorite student at home?" He asks about Harry.

Chief often went to our house to have a drink. Harry and Chief get along very well, I think Chief is becoming a kind of father figure to Harry.

"His body is healing well." I say.

Chief knows there is more. "But, why isn't he here?"

I decide to be honest, I really can vent with Chief he is nice to talk to sometimes. "Is just the fact, I mean, you know." I try not making any sense.

"I don't know that is bothering you. Try to explain, you know you can be honest with me Tomlinson." Chief pushes.

"I don't want anything to happend to him." I confess.

Chief is silent for a moment. "So you are scared?"

I feel myself become red. "No that is ridiculous, I'm not scared." I lie.

Chief laughs. "Yes you are, that boy has you rapped around his finger."

I roll my eyes, not in the mood to talk anymore.

"You know, I think it's something beautiful. If you are scared it means you care, just know that you don't have to play strong all the time. Harry makes you vulnerable. Because you care about him, you don't have to be ashamed of that." Chief says seriously.