Chapter Ten

POV Louis

When Harry storms out of my office I sink into my office chair I close my eyes and take a deep breath. All I think about is how much I fucked up today with Harry and Mr Jacob. I feel the presence of chief he is still standing in the doorway but he doesn't make a move to talk to me.

"Uhm was that Harry walking down the hall crying?" Zayn says when out of nowhere he walks into my office and immediately lays down on my couch.

Oh God now I'm going have to explain myself in front of two people about how badly I handled this situation. "Zayn take of you're dirty shoes when you laying on my couch." I say nagging.

Zayn looks at me uninterested when he says. "I think you have more important things to worry about." Tying to make a joke but when he sees it's serious he sits up.

"Come on Tomlinson spill it what happend?" He says worried.

I look at the chief who still has no emotion on his face. "Can you please come in and close the door?" I say to him.

He doesn't say anything but steps into my office he closes the door behind him and sits down next to Zayn. Four pairs of eyes are looking at me.

"I just fucked up." I confess.

But when no one says or responds something I go on. " Harry went to lunch with Niall at McDonalds around the corner but Mr Dickson called, our patient that he was not well. So I went there but couldn't find Harry anywhere. He didn't tell me he left for lunch."

Chief and Zayn are listening intently and when I get to the part of the story I am most ashamed of to confess I take a deep breath and continue talking. "So I had to improvise with the nurses who were around. And nothing bad against the nurses but you guys know that they are simply less trained to perform actions."

Zayn nods at me like he knows the struggle, when I look at Chief he still doesn't give me a single thing he is hard to read sometimes. "I tried to save Mr Jacob but it was too late he had a seizure I had to intubate him and he is now in a coma."

Zayn looks at me with pity. "I'm sorry Louis you did everything you could do for him, is that why Harry was crying he is such a sensitive person I kinda like that of him." He says.

I ignore his comment and continue talking. "Harry came in when I intubated Jacob because of the stress I took my stress out of him."

Chief looked away at the moment and nodded his head I could now see he was holding back his anger. Zayn on the contrary looked surprised. "Not again Louis what did you said to him? That poor boy."

"I may have said it was his fault that Jacob is in a coma." I murmur.

"You did what?" Zayn jumped up immediately in disbelief.

"Jesus Tomlinson." Chief spoke up for the first time in disappointment.

I expected their reaction but still the shame came over me. "I know what I did wasn't very smart but I lost control of the situation, I couldn't do something about is it just happend."

Now the tables have turned Zayn was quiet and looking at me in disbelief while Chief got angrier every second I looked at him.

"I can understand that you were not in control of the situation with the patients things like that happend." Chief starts understanding but soon turns into hard angry words when he says. "But I won't tolerate the fact that you treated Harry like that. You have your trauma's Louis we both know it but that doesn't give you the right to bleed on people that didn't cut you."

I want to defend myself but chief won't give me the chance.

"No Louis let me do the talking now.You were the responsible doctor here, Harry is a student but you make the final decisions and you know it." Chief goes on. "I can't keep accepting this retarded behavior from you, Harry doesn't deserve that he did nothing but his job. He went to lunch with Niall because it was late and he wanted to wait for you!" Chief gets off the couch and stands in front of my desk, "Now tell me Louis, what would have happend if Harry was standing next to you? Huh? Look me in the eyes and tell me that the patients outcome would have been different."