"You tryna keep each other company whilst working, or you're cool on that too?" he extended an invite, and a small chuckle left her mouth.

"How would we do that?" she slowly bit her lip, "and aren't we on working hours right now?"

"It's after hours, so we can be friends again." he slowly chuckled at how silly that sounded. "However, I've got comms that we once upon a time used. So we can chat,"

For some reason, his chest felt heavy as he waited on her answer, and she surely did take her sweet time giving it to him too.

"I don't mind keeping you company H, hand me the comm," she came up from under the car.

"Finally we see her face," he teased, and she couldn't help the heat she felt against her cheeks, as she placed both her hands into her back pockets.

"Shut up," her eyes slowly rolled, and he smiled before he simply turned away, and walked out of the room — her guess being he was going to fetch them.

She liked the vibe that was forming between them, the banter, and the smooth conversation. It was insane to her that they actually got along this well. They were both dominant people, so she'd noticed, so she was very interested to see how this would all pan out.

He didn't take time to return, in his hands he had two headphones with a mic that was hiked up.

"Okay, so all you have to do is keep the mic up when you want to mute yourself, then down when you want to speak. That's how it works," he softly explained to her.

"You really must like me to want me to be all up in your ear as you work," she commented, and he laughed at her remark.

"Nah. It doesn't have to be me liking you. It can just be me wanting to actually get to know you more. Cause if we're being honest, during the week, we probably won't talk much, and the weekend seems like such an inconsistent way of communication."

"You do know that you don't owe me consistent conversation though, right?" cause if she was being honest, she only expected that from a romantic partner and not necessarily a friend.

She, herself was not one to be able to maintain consistent communication over the phone —be it calls or texts. She'd gotten used to solitude, so she'd respond whenever she felt like it. Therefore, she never expected it out of anyone to keep checking in.

"I'm never a half-ass person. It's either I communicate fully, or I don't at all. Can't stand this new wave of friendship if I'm being honest. But to each their own," he stated. You could tell by his tone that he was serious about it.

"I'm part of the new wave friendship," she waved her hand slowly, a smile eminent on her face, "but I think I can match energy too."

"Long as you're willing to try, that's all that matters to me." he handed her a comm, and just to be sassy, she leaned over and picked the other one for herself instead. He was amused by her act, but he didn't say anything. All he did was shake his head as he walked to his station,  simultaneously wearing his headsets.

She did the same, keeping her mic on mute because she didn't want to be the first one to speak. Though they were becoming friends, her pride was still very much intact.

The music was still all that she heard as she worked on her car, and metal rubbing against metal due to Hendrichs now working as well. Yet another Chris Brown song had come on through the system. This time, an oldie. If she wasn't mistaken, Look At Me Now was playing.