I'm walkin' here!

(Y/n)'s bleary eyed gaze fell on the blurred sight of Door 14. Nothing else had happened since that violet glowing entity, and (Y/n) was bummed out. No such reappearance had happened, and no new entities had popped out of the blue, or the black, to try and shake them. They weren't asking for death, just an adrenaline rush to come along and sweep them off their feet.

Outstretching their shaky hand, they noticed how dark it was outside. When did they last sleep? Irrelevant, as they weren't getting any more sleep until they escaped the hellhole.  The storm hadn't passed yet, despite dragging on and on for hours. It was a wonder as to how the power was on, since the weather was so ferocious.

(Y/n) pushed open another door, to be met with flickering lights and a low buzzing sound. Something was approaching rapidly in the distance, bringing a screeching sound that no fork and glass could rival; it was a loud crescendo of noise, and (Y/n) held their breath as they hopped into a closet, slamming the doors closed in a haste.

Whatever rushed by went at a pace no human ever could. It was a violet smoke, tinted black by the lack of light. Each and every bulb in the room had simultaneously shattered upon impact of the entity, leaving shadows in its wake. The next door was open, nonetheless, but (Y/n) was so shook up they weren't sure they would be able to pass through.

As they glanced to the rooms before, they noticed that the room five doors away closed on it's own, unprompted by the entity that had recently passed.

What..what was that..?

Trembling, (Y/n) got to their feet and continued walking through, to find a space consisting of four smaller rooms, and another locked door. Each had a bed, a grandfather clock, several drawers and a rug. Though they consisted of the same articles of furniture, all were arranged so uniquely that it wasn't so easy to tell. (Y/n) treaded into the same room several times, before noticing the key was elsewhere.

(Y/n)'s breaths got locked in their throat when a green eyed spider tackled their face. They swung around in circles, trying to get it off, and it was the worst thing yet. All eight of its little green eyes were looking down at them, as it sprung about on their face, disrupting their scavenging.

When it finally got off, (Y/n) noticed it didn't hide under the bed or crawl into a corner, but instead it went back to the drawer it had came out of, which then shut on it's own. (Y/n) knew no spider possessed the strength to close a drawer, especially a wooden one carved rather thickly.

This is the second time something closed on it's own..

Luckily enough, or unluckily, the key was in the drawer the spider had pounced out of. Much to (Y/n)'s delight, it was the right key for the lock.