Chapter 17: First step

Depuis le début

The game resumed and they started to score effectively with Leon and Somi's teamwork in spiking and blocking, Chaeyoung's good setter skills and the defensive gameplay of Jennie , Jisoo and Sana making them tied to the opponents score.

"Just one more and we can win this!!" Somi said aggressively. After a few minutes, they scored again, making their team win. "Yes!!" Chaeyoung jumped and walked to them happily. "Group hug!!" Leon shouted. Sana , Somi and Chaeyoung start to form a big hug, dragging the other three as they jump and giggle celebrating their win. The people watching clap their hands and cheered for them too.

Jisoo left the place right after saying goodbye to Chaeyoung. "Hey where is he going?" Somi asked. "He needs to get ready, they have a meeting for the school foundation this coming Friday." Chaeyoung replied happily. "Oh I see, hey good job on passing the ball earlier." Somi said clinging her arms to Chaeyoung as they sit to the nearest bench and watch their other classmates play the game.

Sana and Jennie were sitting silently when Sana said something. "Are you okay?" She started. "Yeah why?" she replied, looking down.

"What was that earlier?" Sana mumbled "Why do you have to shout like that he didn't do anything bad to you, right?" She added in a low voice but you can sense anger with her voice. Jennie looked at her surprised with her tone of voice. "It's because he was over reacting, it's just a scratch. No one will die from this small scratch." Jennie replied sarcastically, trying to defend herself.

" We were just concerned about you, Jennie. I was even shocked by the blood that I saw. If Somi was there she would give the same reaction for sure." Sana paused for a moment then continued. "I- If I'm the one who suggested that idea would you shout at me as well?" Jennie looked at her the spoke. "Of course not." she replied plainly.

"Then why?!" Sana said loudly. "Why do you have to do that to Jisoo?!" She lashed out at Jennie, making Jennie stutter. "Wh- why are you over reacting like this Sana?" Jennie replied, getting annoyed. Sana looked at her eyes intensely. "Because I like Jisoo and he didn't do anything wrong and he doesn't deserve to be treated like that by a childish girl like you!" Sana said furiously, then stood up, leaving Jennie dumbfounded.

Jennie sighed and shook her head with annoyance.

"Am I really that childish?"

Jennie looks at Sana , Somi , Leon and Chaeyoung's direction before she leaves the gym.

Jennie was full of thoughts as she walked to the school grounds.

"Why are you so stupid Jennie? Is that really a foul move?"

Jennie bit her lower lip as she walked towards the drinking fountain.

"It's just that I can't stand Jisoo. My heart always beats so fast whenever he is near me.."

Jennie was biting her fingernails, hardly making them spit some blood.

"Oh shit!"

"Ow ow"

Jennie started sipping the blood from her nails. She pouted and started punching the air because of the pain she could feel in her fingernails.

I have a scratch on my forearm and now this nail, what a day. She said lazily and hurriedly placed her pouch beside the drinking fountain and started washing her hands slowly. The sink consists of five faucets in front and five faucets at the back.

Jennie was humming sweetly while washing her hands carefully. "Ow it hurts here.." She shouted and continued washing her hands. Jennie noticed that someone was using one of the faucets across her she tried to peek on the other side to see who's using it.