Sanity

Weeks had gone. There was a change in the air. Feelings of lust hang in the air around Ripper. 

You might think I am a bloodthirsty killer now that I've separated from my kingdom, but no, I'm still the same, just with some twist. "Alina?" Ripper called as he trekked into the clearing I used as a sleeping spot. I lifted my head drowsily, looking at him, and clicked, "what?" he smiled in response and came over. "I was wondering if we could start our way to Palo Alto, California, like today. I'm getting restless," the Indoraptor hissed slowly, mentioning a city I did not know. I titled my head and purred gently, "you seem tense, Ripper. Care to tell me why exactly we're going to this city?" 

Ripper sighed, and his long black tail swayed to and fro, showing his nervous feelings. I spread my wings and flapped them, creating soft tremors that shook the earth and wind. But once I was done, I stood up and nuzzled Ripper's chin "do not worry. If you dont wish to tell me, then you dont have to" I clicked and spread my wings again, taking off and heading toward the hunting grounds. 

As soon as I reached them, I descended from the above heavens with a soft thud. No prey was aware of my coming, for they still grazed the grass the world provided them in this small forest stripe. While it was not enough to consume my black hide, it still worked as a hiding spot from the humans I still had to face. With a swipe quicker than any living thing could register, I killed fresh and young Elk'sy first kill of the dak. The young male had yet to get his antlers, but now that his life was cut short, he no longer had a chance for a mate or a family. Guilt welled around my hearthstone, but I shook it off, knowing this was prey and I had to kill it to survive. 

With a sigh, I grabbed the limp Elk by his bloody scruff, turned my back on the now bloodied clearing, and took off, leaving the scent of a fresh kill in my wake. 

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I gurgled in surprise once I found a gray living being on the spot of my sleeping. Ripper was there too, growling, tint of hostility in his tone. I snorted. Blue was back, and so was the hatred the two raptors cared for one another. with a step, I came between them "enough you two," I spoke, my voice soft and stern "there is no time for old fights to glimmer up again. we have a long way to go if I'm to walk" my gaze found Ripper's reds. He sighed, dipping his head in conflict. "I ask you not to follow me, Alina," he said suddenly, and my wings shook from the surprise. even Blue bore a look of amazement upon his grey snout and titled his head to the side. 

"Never have I heard such words from your maw indoraptor." he clicked and walked closer to the black dinosaur once I stepped away from his path "and never did I think you would due to a fleeing called: Love" Ripper's snout rippled and his red eyes grew hard "I care for the dragoness yes" he hissed and turned his head toward the other slightly smaller raptor with a look of scorn. 

"And you're not welcome to join either, Blue," Ripper snarled, showing his outstanding teeth glimmering in the sun like a promise of death. Blue scoffed and narrowed his eyes "you're not the one to tell me what to do," he hissed lowly, and I could feel the tension rising. I grew tired of watching them bicker back and forth, and before late, I slammed a talon down onto the earth, sending tremors and cracks to spread all over. "ENOUGH!" I roared, and the two raptors winced from the high sound—crows sitting in the trees earlier scattered in a crackling squealing flutter of black wings and scared screeches. The whole forest he silent at my sudden outburst, which I seemed to have more and more these days. 

It must be nature, I told myself every time it happened. but even I was smart enough to know and understand. It was not the things that surrounded me but me. When I turned my back on my home, I lost a bit of my sanity. And now, when I was not in my meaningful habitat, I was starting to dwindle whatvber sense and mind I had and slowly turning into a beast, untamable and vicious. Just what I feared I would become. 

With an angry sigh, I turned to Ripper. "Ripper friend, it's no use to hold us back-" my tail twitched "- there will be no good for you if you leave for Palo Alto alone. No one could manage that long trek alone, not even you," Ripper hissed and growled as he mulled over my words. They had truth in the,m like all the comments I spoke. The Indoraptor knew he wouldn't be able to make it through a vast desert without receiving wounds and getting into fights with whatnot. But he didn't want to put me in danger. For Blue, well, let's say he didnt care what happened to the grey raptor. But he had an inch that if Blue wouldn't follow him, then neither would i. oh, how wrong he was. So I would follow and protect him no matter what he may tell me. 

We were friends, and friends protect each other even against unknowing odds. 

"Alright," he huffed, his nostrils twitching as he turned his head toward me "you can come" I smiled at him, bending down to nuzzle his neck softly, and then turned to Blue, who smiled back at me "good job," he whipped in my ear once I had reached down to nuzzle him too. I smiled back. "okay," I said and lifted my head. 

"we will leave tomorrow." 

~ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ~