20. Change to survive

Start from the beginning

The boy crouched down, eyeing my frame or more like the dark blood on my face. Ekkos eyes held grief and darkness, jaw tensed and brows met together," she was like a sister to me", his voice almost broke I saw tears well in his eyes, but they didn't run.

I slipped through the events before I was knocked out, seeing the girl's unrecognizable face after I ruined it with my knife.

My knife

Panic seemed to settle in as soon as I realized the gun Jinx gifted me and Mylo's knife was nowhere near me, I ripped my eyes away from Ekkos face, looking around," where's my gun?! My knife?!", my voice trembled. I didn't have a piece of Jinx with me nor did I have Mylos. It was my turn to tear up a tiny bit, not enough to let them roll down my cheeks.

" that's all you care about?", Ekko scoffed beside me with a chuckle, bringing me back to the real world again," they are all right about you Y/N".

His words hit me like a brick, and even I began wondering when did I start caring about Jinx so much, why I couldn't be without her for more than a day," it's important to me.", I sent daggers with my eyes at him, my breath became harsher," your friend should have known better than to pick a fight with me".

Ekko rubbed his temples with his fingers," she was strong, she knew what she was doing", he spat.

I crackled, looking down at my pants also coated in rich red," she was no fighter".

He looked at me as if I was insane, I could feel the chill in his spine as he blinked after my words sparked something in him," look what Silco has made out of you"

I found something funny in his words, even if they were mostly true and he was completely right. Silco made me the way I am and Sevika helped him. Strangely, it didn't make me mad, I was a fighter, I was powerful, all thanks to Silco," he freed me", I was shocked by what was coming out of my mouth. Even so, he created a monster, one who will end his life, one who will take everything from his grip.

Ekko nodded once, losing any hope to hear anything that would be the old me," just so you know," he stood up," I never wanted it to turn out this way".

" We all had to change to survive", I shrugged, lowering my head and pulling my knees to my chest, fighting the agonizing pain in my brain.

Somewhere, deep in his heart, he knew I was right, he has changed too. Ekko was no longer a boy with a sweet and pure heart, now it was shielded with metal.

___________________

My stomach started rumbling at the lack of food for the last 5 hours I was closed up here, in complete darkness after Ekko left. No one ever came in. The blood from my tied-up wrists pooled beneath my hands, making me drowsy.

I listened as the heavy doors opened, and light footsteps scratched at my ears. I didn't look up, letting my head rest on my knees. Imagining Jinx at my side, her warm hands roaming around my head as they played with my hair. I wondered what she's actually doing right now, how she's doing.

An actual hand now was set on my back, it quickly left when I jolted up at the sudden contact. Once again I was met with Vi staring down at me as she crouched," woah", she lifted her hands in surrender," I won't hurt you", her voice was gentle, with a glint of pity.

I scowled. As if I was afraid of her.

My eyes rolled up and I just stared at her, hateful that she's letting them treat me like this.

Vi paused, then sat down next to me with a breath, her wrists lined with her knees as she men spread," you were right", she spoke sadly," she's different. You're different".

" do they think they are torturing me like this?", my words burned in my throat. I knew I looked like shit right now, my eyes felt heavy and I was reeking of old blood," cuz if that's the case then you're all wrong", a grin made its way up my face, turning my head to the side to meet with her gaze.

The girl thought for a minute, staring at the pool of blood underneath my hands," they won't tell me anything", she shrugged, leaning her head against the pole," I only know that they got that blue rock, and will hand it over to Piltover night time".

My head had the strength to remember the blue stone Jinx showed me, saying how Silco will be proud of her. I felt awful knowing that something upset Jinx. I had to get back to her.

The silence was louder than my thoughts, my stomach stopped rumbling, and there was no wind. Some questions came to my mind, yet I only wanted an answer to one at the moment," do you hate me?".

Vi shook her head without hesitation," you did what you had to do to survive", she said as if to confirm my thoughts.

The time seemed to slow down as we fell silent again. I noticed how close we actually were, causing the tension between us to rise, I could see her eyes move to my lips slowly and carefully.

It took one blink and her smooth lips crashed into mine.