18. where it all began to go downhill

A/N: writing this I had a huge breakdown, so might be a little out of place 😔 sorry angels, I love all of you though ❤

CHAPTER 18

Y/Ns pov.

"The hell did you do?!", I yelled out, loud enough for it to echo through the rocks and for Vi to hold her head as it ached in pain, her other hand held the place with the pool of blood. She was stabbed and bleeding rapidly.

I couldn't prepare mentally for what she was about to tell me. I was scared. Afraid of something I probably already knew. I just didn't accept it yet, I had to hear it from her.

" I-", she coughed," I fought with Sevika", her eyes closed shut for a moment.

My hand ran through my hand in shock.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

A sick feeling reached its way into my stomach. Before I could think it out, Vi grunted, she was laying on the bed. Sweat was flooding the mattress underneath her. It looked horrible, her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths.

" we're dead", I held my face in my hands, not knowing what to do, where to start or how to help her," we're so fucking dead.", I spat.

Anger burned through me, at Vi, at her stupid actions that will get us killed now. She didn't listen. She didn't fucking listen.

I felt like I was going crazy. My head seemed to be locked up as I couldn't think. I had to help Vi or else she'll die.

In no time I ran out after an idea came to my mind. There was a shimmer trade center nearby. It was too risky to go to the pub. Sevika definitely would have told Silco by now and he'd know that I'm with Vi since I left telling him that I have an important self-care day.

I didn't know where Jinx was, I had no time to walk past her or even get a glimpse of her today.

Less than ten minutes passed and I was already in front of the cabin. It was dark around, the place was only for the shimmer addicts, which were deformed from the huge amount of shimmer they conceived.

The little window opened as soon as I was the right distance from it. Now I had to trade. Yet, I only had silver coated blades and the gun that Jinx made me, the one she gifted me after our fun in Silcos office.

I wouldn't give the gun away for anything, not even if Vi's life depended on it.

My hand reached out for the blade, taking it out with a sharp sound as the metal slid against the sheath. I had a couple of those, yet, the one I was giving away was Claggors. The other one was Mylos.

A minute went by and a doze of shimmer was slid onto the counter. I took it without hesitation, shoving my hands into the front pockets.

Out of nowhere, there was a shuffling noise in the shadows. My head swung in the direction where it came from but I couldn't see anything.

A breath of relief and I was away from that place.

______

Vi's body jerked up as she was awoken by the burning taste of shimmer in her throat," hey, easy, easy", I framed her face with my muddy hands, trying to calm her down as much as I can.

Her nose crinkled, probably at the pain from her abdomen. Inside I was flowing with guilt and anger. I didn't know what to choose. What to feel.

She messed it up. My plan was ruined. God knows what Jinx might do if she finds out that I hid her own sister from her," you should have listened to me", I grounded my teeth, letting go of her face.

I sat a couple of inches away from her as she stared at me, still exhausted; panting heavily," you weren't doing shit", Vi jolted up from the bed," what was I supposed to do huh?! Sit and wait till something bad happens?".

My fists clenched as I was fighting to swallow the anger" you were supposed to trust me", I stood up, the words were quiet and calm, but they held a dangerous spark in them.

Her brows rose followed by an unbelievable chuckle," and why would I do that?" She copied my tone, looming closer to my frame. I was sure our noses would touch if I wasn't holding my breath.

In some way my eyes fell onto her lips, the top one which had a scar across got my attention. I felt bad. Thinking about all those years she must've spent on the cold floor, beaten and starving.

I unclenched my fists, lowered my head, and backed away, rethinking her words," ri-"

Vi suddenly shushed me, carefully listening to the sounds outside. I heard it too and shook my head as she made her way to the door telling her to stop. Yet, she just never listens. I realized we both were similar, and never let anybody boss us around.

The door opened and I watched as Vi's expression changed at the sight in front of her.

Silco was standing still with an evil smile on his face, that kind that would make you tremble and get you chilled. His hands squeezed the bottles of shimmer as the addicts surrounded him and the pitch black darkness took everything from behind him. He was showing his place, the power he held, and his creations.

" Vander's prodigy", his voice was dangerously low in his throat. Silco didn't just look at her, but at me too, yet his gaze went wild as it fell on my figure behind Vi. It flamed with disappointment. The look of betrayal.

"I regret that we never had the opportunity to speak", he extended his hand, giving the shimmer to the men around him.

Seeing how Vi's expression changed for a brief second my own brows created lines," what did you do to my sister?", she yelled out and I could feel the anger building up in her.

" I've freed her", he smiled creepily. There was no lie, he did free her, but on his way, he created a monster too.

" Candidly, I thought you were the prize of your secondhand family...but Jinx", he trailed flashing me a look, knowing damn well he's shooting arrows at my very heart," oh. She's more than I ever imagined".

Vi's nose crinkled and I stayed quiet. I didn't need to say anything, I'll have my time.

" I'll find her and erase whatever fucked up delusions you put in her head".

" you don't know your limits girl, it's what got Vander killed", I stopped listening to their little bonding time or whatever. Looking for a way out while his attention wasn't on me," what drove your sisters away".

My eyes fell upon a board that held the building standing," yeah well, you talk too much", the words slipped out of my mouth and Silco's wide eyes were the last thing registered before I landed a blow into the huge board.

The building began shaking, it started falling apart and the broken-off pieces fell mine and Vi's way. She grabbed me by my forearm, dragging me away from the falling tower.