10 |

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

THE CULLEN FAMILY AS WELL AS THE REMAINING OF THE KELLER FAMILY were sitting in the living room of Carlisle's house

Bella had also told Edward that day at school that she already knew about him

"Do not fault Hazel for any of this. She had only found out 2 days ago" the gold eyes nodded at jacks words. They weren't going to fault her for this anyways

"Of course not"

"As Carlisle has already told you. We are not human, we are the last of the ΥΠΕΡΑΣΠΙΣΤΗΣ left, defenders. We're a supernatural peacekeeper to keep peace amongst the different species or even the same species"

Michael: "Why are you guys the only ones left?"

"Our family has been hunted. By vampires that couldn't handle being in the wrong. For example, if 2 vampires were going up against each other and the defender has tried to bring peace but failed, they will join on the side of whoever's in the right. It's fair and they cannot control it no matter what feelings come between that. Vampires had been in the wrong and then hunted our family, making sure the line goes extinct. My brother, hazels father, didn't want to be a defender so he didn't train like one. He couldn't protect himself when they came after his family. Thankfully they didn't notice the presence of Hazel in the house"

Edward: "Why are you still alive?" Jack didn't take the question to offence understanding what she meant

"I'm never in one place. I'm always helping supernatural beings around the world so I guess they've never had a chance to defeat me. I have come across quite a few coverns though in my time and have continued to defeat them. Not starting it of course, but I have to defend myself"

Emmett: "So are you guys mortal?"

"No. We cannot die at the hands of a human, for example the car accident. Hazel got hurt but she wouldn't have died though, she would've needed treatment. They can only die at the hands of supernatural being and of our own cause. We also can't die of diseases and illnesses"

Carlisle: "If you don't mind me asking, how does that work?"

"I have been waiting years for Hazel to turn 18 to tell her though once I met Jasper I knew she was close to the supernatural so I just told her. On her 18th birthday Hazel will become immortal. Her body would be frozen in that body and she will not age at all. But if she dies before then, then that's it. So just a year and a bit till now"

"So we just have to keep Hazel alive. That'll be hard" hazel rolled her eyes at Emmett and Jack glanced down at his watch, his eyebrows furrowing once he realised how long they had been speaking for

"I must leave. I am supposed to be in Shelton in 15 minutes"

Rosalie: "That's 3 hours away by car, how are you going to make it?"