"I don't like being threatened"

Harry's eyebrows stitch together and he drums his fingers along the table "what does that mean?"

Ryan purses his lips together and shifts his gaze on a guard that's stood next to Louis. almost as if a silent messages was sent through their eye contact, the guard shifts and strides through the room with a white paper in his hand.

"detective styles, Mr Ryan wanted me to give you this" he places the paper infront of harry on the table and leaves the room. harry casts Ryan a brief look before picking the paper up. when he opens it, his heart drops.

an arch nemesis can be a friend
your boy toy is in danger
a mentor can be a student
the killer cannot be killed
he's always by your side

20-21-11-8-7

harry rubs at his eyes. Jesus fucking Christ can this killer be clear for once?

he looks up at Ryan how possesses a smirk and stands up, his chair screeching across the ground "it's been a pleasure" Ryan only repays the gesture by a nod, his lips falling into a tight line.

harry escapes the tight space of the room just when his lungs feel too constricted , immediately scurrying besides Louis who glances him with concern. Louis walks over to him and grips his forearm gently "you alright?

the world is painted in black along with the rapid beating of his heart that settles in his ear. he looks at Louis who's eyes are filling up with concern as the seconds pass by "can we get out of here?"

Louis bids the guard a brief goodbye and silently leads harry out of the interrogation room with a hand on his lower back for guidance. harry can sense louis' eyes studying his profile, can sense the questions turning in his head but Louis fortunately is far too nice to ask anything just yet.

when they reach the empty lobby, they both hear it.

"styles!"

they both wince and turn around to come face to face with Anthony walking towards them with a look if concern painted along the wrinkles of his face.

he reaches them and looks between them "styles, are you okay? do you need water?" the questions tumbles out of his mouth but harry just waves him off.

Anthony doesn't seem convinced, but he sighs instead of mouthing his thoughts. then, he speaks again "so , what did you guys settle for?"

the question barely makes sense in the moment , but Louis can sense harry tense under his touch. Louis glances at Harry then back at Anthony "what are you talking about sheriff?"

Anthony's bushy brows stitch together before he looks at Harry's, mouth swinging open slightly "did you- you didn't tell him?"

harry sighs "didn't have time" Louis feels his skin prickle and anxiety tighten his stomach. he labels himself as an outcast, feeling slightly ignored out of this conversation but he doesn't dwell on it.

pity glints through Anthony's eyes and he tightly presses his lips together "come to my office, will you?" he starts leading him to where his office lays peacefully.

his office is probably the prettiest office amongst all. it's a rich dark wooden color that contrasts with a few linings of gold amongst the celling. wide windows are laying on the wall with a big book shelf lying near by. the book shelf is full of information, books and files and is decorated with chemical bottles and a few pictures frames.

"do sit down please" he says as he places himself on his comfortable chair. instead of leaning back and relaxing though, he leans forwards , his shoulders heaved with tension. Louis shakes his legs you and down, awaiting.