1

"When do I will get a puppy, Papa?" The little girl holding a stuffed animal, basically a dog-like animal shouted at her father.

"You have one. You are holding it.." Little girl's dad patting her head was busy holding onto the boxes.

They have moved in today.
The father was busy sorting the boxes.

The daughter was going back and forth with her father at the living room.

He was moving the boxes around the house. He was busy but the little girl was following her dad here and there abruptly!

*BOOM*

One of the boxes fell,the box contained a book, only a book. It was a ancient book of the girl's mother's box.
The book was old. The paper filled the whole living room. The book was almost blank but some ages were visible. Something is written on them. The little girl was stepping on the papers and wagging around her father.

"How many times I have told you Shine, we are not getting a puppy. We bought you a dozen of puppy toys. Now, don't disturb me, Please sweetheart...." Her dad was arranging the book pages while talking to the little girl.

The book was old so it became loose and pages were spread through the room.

"Sweetheart, mommy's gonna be very angry. Now help Papa, Please?" He saw his little girl was almost teary. He touched her cheeks and plead for helping hand.

"No,,, I want a real dog. I don't wanna stuffed toys. They are not real. They are fake." (Teary) Tears in eyes, the little girl shoved the toy to the floor and ran away.

The mother heard everything and approached to the father. While he was busy looking at the little girl who was running away.

"Do you need any help?" Sighing hardly said the mother.

"She is behaving like this again Huh? We need to tell her that we can not get a puppy!" Mother almost arranged the book looking at the father.

The father looked very sad and helpless. He doesn't want to hurt his little girl. The mother seemed to notice the fact, and patted him on the back.

"We need to be strong. For her.." The mother stood up and the father went to looking for her.

Alone in the room, the mother was holding the book and peaked at the book. The book was glowing!!!

"I will not let you hurt my daughter!" Angrily the mother shoved the book on the drawer...

The mother looked at the painting where she saw her grandmother and grandfather with a little girl standing near the mountains!!!
She saw their pictures on the side of the wall... They took a picture at the mountains too.

The mother looked worried!

"Soon Shine will be 20. I have to be strong. I need patience with her. I cannot hurt my only daughter!" Thinking alone the mother soon emerged her in the work.

On the table, there were papers about house buying around the mountain area.

The mother took the paper and *sighed*...

"We are back again. Again in the mountains! But this time it will be different! I promise...!!!" The mother crumbled the paper of buying the house and left the room...

Meanwhile, at the bottom drawer, the book was glowing and soon it stopped!!!

The father was looking for her daughter! He saw her near at the pond beside their house. She was looking at the water. She was focused on the water.

"What are you doing here sweetheart? Don't go near the water. You might fell. You have to be very careful Shine." The father took her daughter's hand and was cleaning her knees dirt... The daughter looked sad...

"Why do we have to move in here? Why can't we get a puppy? Why Papa??" The little girl was sobbing and her head was down.

"We will live near the mountains. It's good for your health and we can not have a puppy cause, neighbors won't allow pets here dear.." The father tilt up her daughter's face and was trying to calm her down.

"Why won't they allow it? We can talk to them and convince them. Then we can get a puppy! Right?" The little girl was stubborn and was enthusiastic.

"No sweetheart, we cannot do that. If we could Papa would have done that already. But we are near the mountains. So we might have some birds. We can feed them, pet them. Birds are cute too." He was pointing at the mountains.. And told the little girl.

"We might hear birds chirping... If you listen carefully.." He was holding his ears like he was hearing the chirping. The little girl cleaned her eyes and was doing the same. She wanted to hear the chirping too.

*Chirp* *Chirp* *Chirp*.....

The father-daughter duo was hearing the nature sound together..
Shine was feeling a little better. She looked at her dad and said,

"Why did we came back?"

The question stunned the father. When shine was born she was born here. Near the mountains! The very pretty but mysterious mountains. The local says, this mountains were magical. The mountains can grant your wishes. The mountains have magical powers. If someone has a wish withing his soul and heart he can go to the mountains for granting the wish. Not every time!When you want something you go the mountains at night and there will a glowing tree If the wish is good and pure. But a dark tall tree will appear in front of you if your wish is bad or unpure. The whole village had to suffer once because of a greedy farmer. They said, Once in the ancient time there were a couple who died at the hands of a Mountain Wolf!
So the villagers never visits the mountains alone in the dark. Even in the day time.

"We have to live here from now on." The father sighed and looked at her little girl who was 11 years old. It's been 11 years since that accident.

After Shine was born, they left for Canada. They lived there happily! But soon He was transferred to the Thailand. His hometown... He was shocked when he found out his was moving back to the mountains! He never wanted to come back here. But the past changed. Everything changed. The whole neighborhood changed. The memories began to fade as well.

He looked at the mountains and the looked at his daughter!

The mountains remain same. Tall.. dark... Mysterious!!!!

Yet beautiful!!! The mountains were cover in fog. It was always like this. The fog thickens when a dark tall tree appears.... It becomes Darkish hell..

"Let's go inside, mommy is waiting for us." The father smiled at his daughter patting her head.

The Daughter heard her mother's voice was running toward her mother happily.
The mother was calling them back to have dinner time.

She may not have a dog or puppy but now she can have a new pet. Birds. She was excited. She wanted to know about birds. She may find a friend in birds.

The father was also running.

It was dinner time almost. A family quality time.

They were looking happy.

But,,,

There was thick fog at the mountains!

A tall Dark figure was standing alone in far away from Shines house looking at Shine.

Soon, the dark figure faded away along with the thick fog.....!!!!!

A tall guy? Who is he????