Aditi and Shivansh's outfits ☝️

Shivansh's POV

In the evening, I reached home and saw everyone were ready and I was the late one, but I noticed that they were all wearing fancy function clothes, but I chose to ignore and hurried towards my room to get ready fast, when I came out of bathroom after freshening up I saw Mom in the room and she gave me a Blue colored Shervani, I asked what was the occasion and she said it was Angel and mine Roka ceremony, listening to it my happiness knew no bounds, finally I get to call Her as mine officially.

After getting ready we all headed to her house, not before all the teasing session by all of my siblings. We were welcomed so lovingly and warmly that I did not even feel that they are not my family, and now they officially will be a part of my family as well, I also noticed some additional members and then got to know they were her maternal family, even her brother's daughter was so cute and adorable, and I was so attached to her in an instant.

Soon she came with her sisters (I think) and God she was looking so beautiful that I forgot to even breathe for a minute, her eyes were shining, and she was glowing, at this rate she will surely kill me some day.

When I saw her automatically my hand went towards my heart and a whisper came out of my mouth "HAYEE" which I didn't even realize about until Neil nudged my shoulder, I came out of my world, she was not even looking at me and ignoring me which I didn't like at all but as soon as she came towards me all that was long forgotten, I even caught her staring at me and I liked that she is responding positively towards our relationship, maybe very slowly but who cares we have our whole life together ahead.

Author's POV

Soon, it was time to start the ceremony.

(Text in bold letters is some information about the Roka ceremony for readers from outside of India or who are unaware about the ceremony or culture.)

The "Roka ceremony is the first step toward marriage". It is one of the most significant pre-wedding ceremonies in. In an Indian system, the boy, along with his parents and other family members, first see the girl. If the girl and boy like each other and give their consent to get married to each other, then the girl's family will give some money, sweets, and gifts to the boy; similarly, the boy's family will give money, sweets, and gifts, like gold jewellery, etc., to the girl.

This is called Roka, which means to book the girl and the boy for marriage on a future date. More often than not, this ceremony takes place on a small scale. However, some people prefer to host it on a large scale.

The proceedings of the Roka ceremony are very simple. The boy, along with his family and few relatives, reaches the girl's place. Both the families gather, they make the girl and boy sit together. The first ritual that is performed is the Tilak ceremony. In Tilak Ceremony, tilak or a paste of vermilion and rice grains are applied on the boy and the girl's foreheads.

The boy's family gives gifts, dry fruits, a basket full of different varieties of fruits, cash, clothes, and sweets to the girl. The mother of the groom-to-be adorns the bride-to-be with a beautiful red dupatta and blesses her with a piece of jewelry, cash, etc. Similarly, the girl's family gives gifts, cash, and sweets to the boy and blesses him. After this, all the elders present at the occasion bless both the girl and the boy.

Then, the girl's family gives gifts or cash to everyone from the boy's side. Also, they give sweets and dry fruits to the boy's family members. Once the Roka ceremony is over, the boy's family is then fed with sumptuous food arranged by the girl's family. After the food, the boy's family takes a leave. All the decisions related to the wedding, like engagement date, wedding date, etc. happen gradually.

The Roka ceremony is actually a Union of Two Families. As said earlier, this is the first step towards the marriage of the couple. This is the first event that brings not only two people but also two families close. The decision of the marriage becomes official after the Roka ceremony. In an Indian system, the Roka ceremony represents the starting of the relationship between the boy and the girl that they will cherish all their life.

Both the families later announce the good news to their relatives, friends, and neighborhood with sweets.

All the rituals of the Roka ceremony were performed by both Aditi and Shivansh's family, tilak was done, gifts and sweets were exchanged, and then they all were deciding the dates of further proceedings of their marriage.

In the picture above, Shivansh is wearing a turban and Aditi's head is covered with a red Chuniri (Veil) as in Indian culture it is believed that we should cover our heads whenever we seek blessings from elders or God or even Pray to God as a symb...

In the picture above, Shivansh is wearing a turban and Aditi's head is covered with a red Chuniri (Veil) as in Indian culture it is believed that we should cover our heads whenever we seek blessings from elders or God or even Pray to God as a symbol of respect towards them.

After the discussion and consulting from Pandit Ji it was decided that the engagement will take place after 2 weeks and the wedding will be after 6 months following the engagement.

Shivansh was first disappointed that the wedding is after long period but then thought to utilize that period to woo his Angel properly. With that thought in mind he along with his family left as it was late and they were all very tired.

Aditi was happy that she still has some time to spend with her family before her marriage and a chance to know Shivansh more before they are officially Husband and Wife.

A/N-

So, how was the chapter, do let me know through your comments and votes. This was a bit long chapter, and the wedding chapters also might be a bit long. STAY TUNED ;)

XOXO

~Addy