3

"So, what made you change your mind?"

"I figured I'd try and be a little more friendly."

He looked around my place and then looked at me seriously. "If I'm going, to be honest, I didn't think you would want me to come over earlier. I was trying to get you not to bother me, but I suppose my efforts were a complete failure," he laughed. I looked at him, and he began to take his shoes off. "Why did you want me to back off? I mean, I understand if you want to be alone, but it bothered me seeing you like that every day," I spoke.

He was alone all the time, and anyone, not just me, would have approached him. If not me now, someone else later. "Francis, right?" He asked. I nodded, and he began to take his coat off. "This might sound a little cheesy, but anytime I am near someone, they get hurt; I do not want a repeat of past mistakes. I am sure you are a great guy and are fun, but I want to prove that you are much better not being my friend, capeesh?" He spoke. My eyes widened, and I took his coat to hang up. "You only came to prove that we should not be friends?" I asked. "Yeah, that was the plan. However, I get the feeling you will not let that slide."

"You are right; I will not let that slide. I want to be your friend so that challenge will be accepted."

"Challenge? There was no challenge."

"There is now! Arthur Kirkland! I will prove to you by the night's end that we can be good friends!"

I pointed my index finger at him, and a smile appeared. "Oh really?" He asked. "Yes! Starting with dinner! you will eat my food and love it!" I demanded. He lifted an eyebrow at me and shook his head. "I am not hungry," he spoke.

Of course, he isn't; I have never seen him eat actual food before. "What? What about a little bit of food? unless it's a diet thing?" I asked curiously. "Maybe you could say I am trying to watch my figure," He laughed. "Eh? You are already skinny," I spoke. I looked at him, and he began to laugh at me. "I may be skinny, but I am very strong," He smiled.

"Oh really?" I asked. I looked him up and down, not seeing any muscles. I began to laugh and shake my head at him. "I doubt that!" I laughed. He smirked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Do you want to bet?" He asked. "Bet?" I asked, laughing. I held my hand to my head, and he rolled his eyes at me.

Arthur began to walk toward me, and I still laughed. I was sure he wanted to "prove" it. "What? will you lift me?" I teased. He began to smirk at me and grabbed onto my shoulders. "Do not move so much," He spoke. "Okay?..."

"WHOA!"

I grabbed him tightly as he suddenly lifted me into a bridal-style position. He held me in his arms and nearly over his head. HOW WAS THIS POSSIBLE? Not only was he extremely tiny, but I was significantly bigger than his size. "Oh shit!" I cried, holding onto him. Arthur began to laugh, and I held onto him. "Now, will you admit that I am stronger?" He asked. He began to lift me higher, and I started to freak out a little. This guy was strong. "YES! FINE THEN! You are stronger," I spoke. He smiled at me with this very sexy smile and slowly placed me back onto my feet. "Good," He laughed.

"Okay then, how about I make a snack?" I suggested. He looked at me seriously and studied me. "Look, I know you said you are not hungry, but how about I make some bread?" I suggested. He puckered his lips and began to look around the area we were standing in. "Fine, bread is fine," he spoke. I could not help but smile. I will make a small portion; then, he can take home with him whatever he doesn't eat.

"We should spend time together again, maybe go somewhere?" I suggested. I felt this was progress, so I would love to continue. "Hmmm? When? I mean, what time?" He asked. "Maybe nothing too late, we could go to the park? I hear that there is supposed to be a nice day coming up," I smiled. I was getting the food and began to prepare everything. "Umm, if I decide we should, maybe not in the sun," He started.

I moved my head past the corner and looked at him, confused. "So you want to meet at night?" I asked, confused. He smiled at me nervously and nodded his head. "I burn easily; it would not be good for me," He laughed. Burn easily? I suppose that makes sense. He does look white as a ghost. "Well, if you want, we can go out drinking. If you want, of course," I explained. He lifted an eyebrow at me and began to come closer.

I watched him as he came closer. He genuinely looked at me as if I was crazy. "I still do not understand why you want to so bad," He spoke softly. Arthur had gotten close to me, and I looked at him nervously. His aura was evil; he was probably a terrible person deep down, but that did not scare me off for some reason. He gave off the impression that there was a reason for that.

He seductively smiled at me and came closer to my face. "Me either," I laughed. He looked at me sweetly when suddenly his face dropped, and he began to sniff around.

Hmmm?

Do I smell or something?

"Is that garlic?" He asked. He suddenly covered his nose and looked sick. "Hmmm? of yeah, for the spread," I explained. I looked at him, concerned, and I held up the garlic for him to look at. His eyes widened, horrified, and he held his stomach. He covered his mouth and nose, and I looked at him, confused.

Did he not like garlic?

"Do you not like garlic?" I asked, confused. He shook his head, horrified, and my jaw dropped. "I am allergic," He cried. OH SHIT!

"Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me? Get away!"

"How was I supposed to know you would use garlic?"

He began to gag, and I immediately put the garlic away. I scrubbed my hands, and I looked over at him. He was sitting on the sofa looking sick. His skin turned red, and I began to freak out. "Do you need a hospital?" I asked. He shook his head and began to stand up. "No! Do not worry! I will leave! Thank you for everything, but I must leave," He sputtered.

Arthur quickly put on his shoes and coat and would not look at me. "I will see you around!" He laughed. He was fumbling around until he finally ran out the door. I stood still, looking at him, concerned.

"What the fuck?"