Chapter 1.1 - Welcome, Levent

Thud!

The bus stopped all of a sudden; the shock made me hit my head on the back. It practically snapped me back to reality.

...

...

...

'Why am I on a bus?'

I had no clue whatsoever. I looked down at myself. Apparently, I was wearing a high school uniform. Strange?

Whatever was going on went far beyond my comprehension. If I remember correctly, I was stabbed not too long ago.

'Am I dead? Is this the afterlife?'

Something tells me this is not.

Then, am I dreaming in a state of coma?

No. I could feel everything just fine. I hadn't gone comatose.

I looked around the bus, trying to figure out my situation. I was on a bus wearing a school uniform.

The bus stopped to pick up more passengers. Most of the passengers were young people wearing school uniforms. The same one I had on me.

But that's strange. I'm a literal university student, or at least I thought I was. That uniform shouldn't fit me at all. And even if it did, people should've been staring at me. I mean it would be weird to see a grown man cosplaying as a high school student in public, no?

.....

After analyzing myself, I did feel like I was shorter and more slender than before.

The more I looked at everything, the more ridiculous it seemed. I subconsciously put my hands in my pockets and I felt something inside.

When I pulled the contents out of my pants pocket, there was a cellphone and a money bag, and an outdated ticket to an aquarium, nothing more.

I grabbed the phone and powered it. When I tried to unlock it to my surprise, the phone opened after putting in the same lock combination as mine.

Coincidence?

Therefore, I started scratching through the deepest folders of that phone, trying to find a single clue regarding my current situation.

But unfortunately, it was all for nothing. There was not a single clue there which could help me in any way. Even my contacts list was empty...

Defeated, I put the phone back in my pocket. I then picked up my money bag. Fortunately, there I found a student id card. I immediately took it out to check its contents.

"What the...?"

The card was from my middle school. Same name, same information, same everything. The only exception was my appearance.

Wait... I did not look like that before...

I pulled my phone out of my pocket again. After opening the camera app, I switched it to front camera mode. My face appeared on the screen shortly after.