Chapter 9

October

November

A few raven flew away as they let down the corpse into the hole. The sky was grey, the sun could barely shine through.
It was cold, some guest were freezing.
The priest said words and blessings. They watched it in silent.
Here and there was a sob and some crying noises. It was an awful sight, to see how people were suffering.

"We lost someone dear and the reason why she left us, isn't the way god wanted her to leave this world." The priest said.

Sherlock let his gaze wander through the rest of the cemetery. All these gravestones with different names on it. So many of them even though it's a rather small cemetery.
The words the priest said only half penetrated to him.

He suddenly felt a touch on his hand. He softly took her hand and squeezed it. She did it back and looked at him. A little smile appeared.

"Now we will hear a few words from a relative." The priest said and stepped away from the rostrum.

"It's your turn." He said and let go of her hand. She nodded and insecure walked to the front. She stepped on the podium, straightened the microphone and opened her mouth.

"Goodbyes are bittersweet. But the older I got the more I realized there's nothing sweet about them. Because a true goodbye means it's the end. It's the end of everything you've known for a long time and while goodbyes always come with new beginnings, sometimes you are forced into something new when you weren't ready to say goodbye yet. I wasn't. I wasn't ready to say goodbye. I didn't even got the chance to say goodbye. The last time I talked to her, I didn't thought would be last time. I, and many others got robbed of the chance to say truly goodbye to her. She was ribbed out of her life." She stopped, searched after Sherlocks gaze. He nodded, affirming her to go on. "I miss her. I miss her so much. What happened to her was awful and inhuman. I hope, that where she is now, she will get the treatment she truly deserves. Knowing she is still in our hearts and will always be remembered. Thank you." She said and ended her speech.

Sad faces looked at her as she walked between them back to Sherlock, surrounded by mumbles and sobs. He took her hand and pulled her into a hug. Embracing her, covering her, trying it give her the privacy she needed from these grieving people.
"You did great.". She pressed herself closer to him and leaned her head against his chest.

The bells of the church rang and the guest slowly started walking towards the way out.

They were driving to a restaurant where they ate together. Jena arranged it all. It was a big restaurant which looked really expensive from the in- and outside. They served a three-courses-meal with a dessert.

Jena was a pretty tall women, with a sharp face and shoulder long black hair. Her outfit was a bit overdressed for a funeral and she wore a lot of her beloved gold jewellery. She acted a bit strange, nearly boisterous which was her natural behaviour but a bit inappropriate for her own daughters funeral. She got a lot of money a few years after Christine moved out with her jewellery business. She also brought a young men with her, everytime she saw her, Jena has a new man by her side. Kathleen had never seen this men before and as she found out he was another rich sidekick she found during a business party. She was the type of women who goes to parties, isn't married and looks after much younger men with a lot of money.

Sherlock found her suspicious from the beginning and the fact that she watched them, concerned him even more.

"Hey Love I haven't got the chance to talked to you till now, sorry." Jena said and sat down next to her. She had, in fact, enough chances to have a conversation with her. Kathleen pulled the left sleeve of her dress further down.