Chapter 6

"Where exactly are we going now?" Kathleen asked curious from the back of the car.

John steered the car through the Blackwall tunnel straight to the motorway A102.
"Walmer, it's a little town outside of London.".

The confusion was still written all over her face. "I have never heard of that. How long do we have to drive to get there?".
"Well it may take us two or three hours but we have to see how bad the traffic will be." John answered and look in the mirror to see her.

"It's exactly two hours and 1 minute, if everything is going well and without stops." Sherlock said without looking up from his phone.

Twitter.
Again.

He was a bit upset that Mary sat in the front passenger seat and he had to sit in the back, next to a suitcase and Kathleen. Not that he complaint to sit next to her but he would find it more effective if he would sit in the front seat.

It's better for his ego.

"No Sherlock we are not driving the whole route through without a stop, we surely will stop somewhere." Mary said.

Sherlock just shrugged his shoulders.
He pouted like a little child.

The next hour they just drove on the motorway and as they passed Rochester the made a stop at the next freeway service area.

They all went inside the shop, toilet and stuff, expect Sherlock. He stayed by the car and filled it up with gas.

Kathleen was the first coming back from the store, her hands full with Sherlock favorite biscuits and some coffee. A smile appeared but he turned away before she could see it. The little things she did for him were the things that matter to him the most. He just doesn't want to show it.

As they continued their journey, Sherlock was the one who drove and Kathleen was the one next to him.

"Can we turn on the music?".
"No."

"Why not?".

"I'm surely not listening to ABBA or Florence and the machine. I prefer the classic you should know that and since you don't listen to that we won't find an agreement on what to listen. So the answer is no.".

She nodded. "Wow."

Not even a minute later she tried it again. She was not the type of giving up fast and with Sherlock it was always going to be fun because he couldn't stand it.

"Can we at least-".
"The radio is no option either." He said not bothering her offended look. Now she gave up and searched after her headphones. "Fine," she said, "Then not.".

She fell asleep after five songs. He smiled again. She was such a pure thing. Stubborn and yet so lovely.

They passed a few beautiful landscapes and after Canterbury she slightly woke up. Her gaze wandered to Sherlock.
His hands steady on the steering wheel, his fingers tapping a melody she can't identify. His eyes switching between the mirror and the road. He looked so concentrated but still chill. Good.

She turned her head to the other side watching the landscape. The passing trees and walls between nature and motorway.

"When are we going to arrive?" She asked. Her voice sounding a bit deeper than usual.

"We still have a bit." Sherlock said a bit annoyed.
She rolled over her eyes.

"You are really strenuous when you are driving" She said annoyed too.

The annoyance between them was nothing new but it's not the typical annoyance he had with other people, because this, this was on purpose.

"The same goes for you." He said starting to play.