Chapter 12

[Chapter 12]

It was a rare day in which lessons ended early for all of us, and we could finally afford to come together to spend our time in the Main Area, lounging on the couch. Since we were well into summer, there were no more snowball fights between us, and we were left with nothing to do at the Sanctuary. Not that any one of us were up to using anymore of our elements. We were all tired of the trainings, even for me; the junior Training Master.

“Let’s do ‘first’s” Dru suggested, leaning backwards on the loveseat, snuggling close to Xaviel. Ever since they discovered that they were each other’s other half, both of them had been close like glue. Xaviel never really seemed the type of guy who would be so open with his relationship. But for someone with a girlfriend like Dru?

Everyone knew who the rational mind between the two of them was, though.

“Fine.” Ashe laughed beside me. Though we were less close with each other as compared to the lovebirds, relationship between Ashe and I had gone pretty well. We were able to talk like long lost friends, despite the situations. Of course, I fit right in with Dru and the gang.

“Umm…. Dru drawled, putting on a thinking face, “first… partner!”

We all groaned, though most of us had already expected it from her.

“Fine.” Dru pouted at our groan, giving her Guardian a glare, “I’ll start first, alright?”

Reluctant nods replied her and she smiled suddenly, as if finding something mischievously funny.

“My first boyfriend was… A guy called Xavier Fernandez.” She grinned at the coincidence, as well as at the alarmed look her current boyfriend gave her.

“He was a pretty boy; French, of course. I shared my first kiss with him too. Man, that guy can do a real good Frenchie… of course; we had an awesome time together.”

Xaviel stood abruptly, an offended look on his face. Frankly, it looked stern and unforgiving, but Dru only laughed, tugging his hand to pull him back down.

“I refuse to be compared with a Frenchman. Continue if you must, but I will not take more of this.” He announced firmly, keeping his gaze steadily away from Dru as he tried to draw away. We watched with amusement as Dru tried her best to make her partner stay.

“Oh, Xaviel! I didn’t know you were the jealous type! But it’s alright, my man. You have nothing to worry. There is something you don’t know about Xavier. That’s why I broke up with him.” She professed, pretending to be distraught when we actually saw her grin of victory. I wasn’t sure if it was a terribly clever move from her to reveal Xaviel’s jealous side or a terribly stupid move.

For the moment, he was calm enough to stay around for his girlfriend’s explanation. Dru was still grinning like a Cheshire cat.

“Xavier was perfect in every way. He was a gentleman; he knew how to make a girl’s day. But there were two problems. First, we were only six. Second, he’s a Frenchman!” She exclaimed his nationality, like she expected us to know what it meant.

“And…?” Logan prompted when Dru didn’t continue.

“You know how most Frenchmen are regular Casanovas, right?” She replied in a tone that said that she thought we would have known.

“Um… So you’re saying that he cheated on you? At six years of age?” Ashe spoke up beside me, an amused tone to her voice.

“Exactly! I caught his tongue down another girl’s throat! Can you believe it?”

“Oh… Poor you…” Sarah said in a tone that wasn’t very pitying, receiving a glare from Dru.

“That’s my story… Next, I pick Ashe!”