Chapter 5

[Chapter 5]

Surprisingly, I found my dorm and room pretty easily. The map they gave was pretty detailed, so I didn’t get lost.

The dorm surprised me, but I guessed I should have expected it in a place as grand as this. The main area –the sitting room –was extra large with a billiards table, a row of computers. It had an extra-large plasma TV mounted to the wall with perfect speakers. There were game stations, and two shelves full of games and movies. There were plush, comfortable seats and sofas. There were massage chairs. There were loveseats. There were corners where you could be quiet and read books in peace. There was a sign that pointed out in one direction. The sign said ‘Pool, Sauna and Jacuzzi’.

I took this all in with wide eyes. Frankly, I felt like a country bumpkin, moving into a castle meant for a princess. This was heaven. This place was heaven.

Surprisingly, there was no one in the main area at all. I guessed that everyone had gone home for the break, but surely there were some people who stayed back? So far, I hadn’t even seen anyone relatively my age. I hadn’t seen anyone yet.

I climbed the spiral staircase to the fourth floor, lugging my belongings up along with me. Penelope had told me that I was sharing a room with someone in the second year. But she hadn’t told me if my roommate was around.

I guess there was only one way to find out.

I stopped outside the room 414 and knocked. I waited and knocked again, just to be sure. No one came to the door. I sighed and drew out my key.

The room was dark, but I guessed it would be like that. I mean, no one would leave the lights on right?

I lugged my belongings in, feeling a little disappointed that I wouldn’t get to know my roommate. I had been pretty excited about it –I will admit.

“Surprise!” The shout sounded, and I couldn’t help but jump and scream at the same time. Okay, call me a timid person. It’s not my fault that I get scared easily.

The light turns on automatically, and I turn around to see a bunch of people in my room, grinning and smiling at me, despite the fact that I just gave a pretty stupid scream of shock.

“Hello, my new Roomie! My name is Dru Lorna! I’m a second year, Water user! I love rock and weird stuff! I’m not a Goth! And I love a new Roomie!” One of the girls in the bunch screamed as she jumped up, running towards me. Before I knew it, I was engulfed in her bear hug, surprised like hell.

Her friends were still grinning at me, like I had won a Nobel Prize.

“Um… okay. Can you… um… get off me so I can see your face first?” I asked a little uncertainly, returning the hug for a short while before I tried my best to get her off me.

“Oh, sorry, how rude was I?” She apologized, even though she didn’t sound very sincere, but she climbed off me all the same.

She had straight black hair that curled at the ends. She had a hello kitty clip that held up her fringe, making her look pretty cute. Her features were pretty well-defined, her eyes wide and deep with hazel. She had pretty, puckered lips and a heart-shaped face. But she had my body size, which was a surprise, because I was pretty short.

“Oh my god, she’s a brunette too! Yay! Black hair rocks!” She yelled when she took me in too, punching her fist victoriously in the air. I wondered why she was cheering for a black-haired roommate. Hard to believe she was nineteen.

“Ahhh! Is that what I think it is? Oh my god, you totally have the cutest blue eyes I’ve ever seen! This is awesome!” She rushed to me again, but this time, she stared straight into my eyes, as if trying to see the color of my irises up close.