12

Nothing can't take Red down

"Sir, we are picking up a signal from Red and Rooster, in a F-14?" Operator questioned. Maverick smiled and sighed in relief as Coyote sighed in Relief. His redhead and Rooster were fine and they are coming home.

"Radios out, No radar. Everything's dead back here." Rooster tells Red. She sighed. "Just like I thought... prehistoric." Red muttered.  "What do I do?" He questions her. "Reminder my dad had dabble in this some this was also your dad's department, Try the UFH2 circuit breaker." She said. "I figure it out." He tells her. "I know you will Roost, I know you will." Red said with a smile.

"Red, tally 2, 5 o'clock low." Rooster points out. She look over her shoulder and see two planes beneath them. "You gotta be shittin me right now." She muttered. "What do we do?" He asked. She sighed, "Just be cool, If they knew who we were, we'd be dead already." She replied as she put on her mask as the planes fly closer to them. "Just... wave and fucking smile." Red said as her nerves were on the rise.

Red waves to the plane next to her then the pilot does a sign she's never seen before. "What's that signal, what's he saying?" Rooster asks her. "Your guess is as good as mine." She replied. "What about that one, have any idea?" He asked her again. "Nope." She answered, then her eyes widen when she realize what that pilot is doing. "Shit, his wingman is moving into weapons envelope." Red said. "I don't think we can't outrun them." Rooster tells her. "I know... but we can try besides... you are forgetting my mom... is not only an admiral but she told me and thing or two on how to be badass." Red said. Rooster shook his head.

Red hummed. "BRING IT ON!" Red exclaimed as she jerked the plane then took out two enemy planes while there were three left then they took off with two on the enemy on their tail.

..............

"Holy shit Red, that was fucking crazy!' Rooster exclaimed. Then they saw another plane coming there way. "Well... the shit show isn't over yet." Red said.

...............

"We're out of Flares, Red!" Rooster exclaimed. Then the plane took a hit, "No no no!" Red exclaimed. She panic then she a tear slipped down her cheek. "We are going to have to eject!" She exclaimed. "Kara!" Rooster exclaimed. "This is the only way!" Red said as she pulled up and sent them straight into the sky.

"Eject! Eject! Eject!" She yelled but Nothing happens. "Rooster, Pull the damn handle, eject!" She shouted. "It's not working!" He exclaimed. "Shit!" She said as she started to tear up some more, then she thought back on her dad, she and Rooster was about to have a similar fate. "Everyone...I'm sorry." She muttered. As she was about to accept the fate that was about to happen and bracing for impact. She looked up to see the plane in flames and a familiar voice over the radio.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. This is you savior speaking." She heard Hangman speak and was in relief. "Please fasten all seatbeats. Return all tray-tables to their locked and upright positions and prepare for landing." He finished. Rooster and Red giggled. "Oh my... boy I never thought I would be excited to see Hangman but here we are" Red said and they chuckled. "Hey, Hangman, you look good." Rooster says. Red smiled a bit. "I am good, Rooster. I'm very good." He replied and smiled. "I'll see you both back on deck." He finished.

.....................

Red looked around, Rooster, Hangman and Phoenix. "Do we all realize that Red is consider an Ace." Rooster said. "She might get promoted." Phoenix said. "She worthy of it." Hangman said as Phoenix and Rooster looked at him in shock.

"I never thought I would see the day... you cheering Red on." Rooster said. Hangman smiled a bit. "Things need to change." Hangman said. 

Maverick approached Red. "Great to see you Kid." Maverick said. Red smiled then pulled Maverick into a hug. "Thanks for believing me and Rooster... no matter what." Red said with a smile. He smiled back her, "Your father would be so proud of you." Maverick said. Red pulled away and smiled at him. "I think he would be happy to see you helped guide me." Red said.

"That was Iceman." Maverick said. "Well you played a part too." Red said. She looked over at Rooster. "I think you should talk to Bradshaw." Red said. "I will... I think you need to get your leg look at." Maverick said sounding like a protective dad. Red wasn't going to protest as she went to the medical tent.

..............

After getting the stitches in her leg and cleaned up. She heard a knock on the door, She looked up to see it was Coyote. She smiled, and pat at the empty spot on her bed. He smiled back at her and then sat right beside her.

"You scared me today." Coyote said. "I know... but you should know, nothing can't take Red out." Red said with a grin as Coyote playfully rolled his eyes at her. She playfully hit his shoulder, "Don't act like I didn't see that." Red said.

"Are you good to go?" He asked her. She nodded. "I have to take it easy, I was lucky not to get stitches on my stomach... but my leg... not so lucky." Red said. Coyote sighed. "I am glad you and Rooster made it safely, because I don't know how I would've live if something happened to my Redhead." Coyote said. Red smiled.

They made eye contact with each other, stare into each other's eyes. Then Coyote leaned in and press his lips to Red's, she smiled. He pulled away. "You took my breath away you know." Red said with a grin. "Please... your always taking my breath away." Coyote said as Red chuckled and pulled him into another kiss.