4

Red visits Iceman

Red made it to her car in the parking lot. She got a text from her mother. "You need to go see Iceman." She said in the text. Red's brows furrowed. "Why?" She questioned her mother in the text. "Because he needs to see you." Her mother replied back. Red sighed.

............

Kara has history with the Kazansky's. Iceman was like a father she always wanted, he's always been there for her and her mother like Maverick has but she was more closer with Iceman.

She pulled up into their driveway. She hummed as she turned off the engine, she looked at the locket that hangs on her mirror, she opened it, it has a picture of her father, mother and her when she was a baby. "Oh dad, let's see what your friend needs to speak to me on." Kara said as she then closed the locket and stepped out of her car.

She walked up to the door, she opened it to see Sarah. "Kara, sweetheart hi." Sarah said as she pulled the redhead into a hug. "Hello Mrs. Kazansky, how have you all been?"Kara asked. "Just taking things one day at a time, how's training?" Sarah asked. "Oh... it's been something." Kara answered. "So we have heard... he's in his office." Sarah said. "Thank you." Kara tells her as Sarah smiled.

Kara stopped and saw a picture of Tom with her dad, she couldn't help but smile. They were very close then his death came, her father didn't get to live to graduate. She frowned at that thought. "Life is so unfair." Kara muttered as she then made her way to Ice's office.

............

Kara approached the door. She saw Iceman sitting at his desk. She knocked lightly on the door which caught the man's attention. He turned a smile as soon as he saw the red head. "Admiral." She said with a soft smile as she walked up to him. She grabbed a chair and sat it down.

"Mom said you wanted to see me." Kara said. He type out on his computer. "Let's talk about training." which caused the Redhead to scoff. "No no no, what do you want to talk about?" Kara asked him. He pointed sternly at the computer screen. "Your not going to let up but hey if it's what Iceman wants, Iceman gets." Kara said, Iceman grinned at her.

"I have mixed feelings on it..." Kara said. Iceman looked at her for a moment. Then type out. "It's Maverick... isn't it." Kara nodded. "Rooster hasn't forgave him for what he did, I haven't even though it didn't affect me, but my best friend was set back four years with career because what Maverick did... also because of that choice, I saw the affects in the field." Kara explained.

Then Iceman typed out. "Maybe it's time to forgive and let go." Kara sighed. "Maybe your right, for me it easy but Rooster not so much." Kara said. Then he typed out. "Give it time." Kara sighed. 

Then he typed out... "You are so much like your dad it's not funny... your stubborn like him." "I am not stubborn!" Kara exclaimed while Ice chuckling at the redhead.

...........

As Kara was walking out she saw Maverick. She sighed.

Maverick saw the redhead. "It's pleasant surprise to see you here." Maverick told her. "I think you forget Ice and I are close there... like we once was."  Kara said and Maverick sighed.

"Why did you do that to Rooster?" Kara asked. "Because... he wasn't ready." Maverick said but Kara wasn't buying it. "Come on, Mav." Kara said. "It's a lot to do with Goose. isn't it." Kara said, Maverick slowly nodded. "You tried to do it to me... didn't you?" Kara questioned him. He nodded.

"Figures.." Kara said as she shook her head. "Mav, you can't always protect us, you gotta let us live our dreams... besides Bradley deserves an explanation." Kara said. With that the redhead left the Kazanskys.

......

Kara drove into her driveway, she found Javy sitting on her porch steps with a bouquet of daises and sunflowers. She smiled.

"What a pleasant surprise." Kara said as she stepped out of her car. "I felt so bad that Jake did that to you, so I got your favorite flowers." Javy said to her. He handed her the bouquet. "You always have been like this." Kara said.

"Well I know how you get when it comes to your dad." Javy said. "Now you know how Bradshaw gets when it comes to his." Kara said. "You two are alike." Javy said. "But yet we have been there for each other since we were kids Javy, life was cruel to the both of us... losing our fathers so young... it isn't fair." Kara said.

"Life is always unfair." Javy said. "I did warn him." Javy said. Kara's brows furrowed. "How?" Kara questioned him. "We was looking at photos from past Top Gun Graduates, he spotted Rooster's then he spotted yours... I warned him, but he didn't listen." Javy said. "When have you expect him to listen." Kara said which caused the man to think.

"Well he never..." Javy said as Kara chuckled. "Point proven." Kara said.

Kara then thought of her mother. "My mom, she loved my father very much... that she never remarried after that, because she loved my dad so much, she only loved him, when I think about it, life hasn't been cruel just to me but mostly to my mom." Kara said.

Javy sighed not knowing what to say. Kara looked at him, "You know besides Bradshaw. You and Natasha are always there for me, even Robert... for that I'm so appreciative." Kara said with a slight smile. 

"Of course, I am always going to look out for you, just like you always look out for me." Javy said with a smile. The two looked at each other, then Javy broke the silence. 

"Well it's getting late... I wanted to stop by to see if you were okay. I"ll see you tomorrow." Javy said. "Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow." Kara said with a smile which he gave one back.

She walked in her house, she heard his car pull off. She sighed then looked at the photo of her dad. 

"Dad... I'm in love..."