Prologue

"There she is

"There she is." Maverick muttered as he looked at the pilots on the screen, looking at the particular one, Lt. Kara "Red" Denvers. "I take you do know her then." Simpson said to him. "Her mother was a instructor at Top Gun of course." Maverick replied. "Her mother was one of the best pilots, became instructor then Admiral, she does come talk to those who attend Top Gun every now and then." Cyclone explained.

Admiral Lillian "Robin" Denvers

"Her mother and I are good friends." Maverick said. "You and Red have issues... meaning regarding Rooster." Cyclone said. "Yes... she didn't like the idea of what I did, we haven't spoken since." Maverick said. "You flew with her father, Lt. Richard "Wolf" Denvers, report said he was killed a week before Goose was?" Cyclone said. Maverick sighed. "He was out on a mission, When he tried to eject, it wasn't working, the plane crashed which kill him and his WSO." Maverick explained. "And regarding Goose, Maverick was cleared of any wrongdoing, Goose's death was accident. Just like Wolf's was." Warlock said. "Is that how their children see that?" Cyclone asked, Maverick didn't answer, it was painful to think back on those two tragic accidents that he witnessed.

"One thing is to it, Robin and Wolf, fantastic pilots but Red, she's going to prove that she's great." Warlock said. "Don't know why she would need to prove that when she was on of top pilots at Top Gun." Cyclone said. "But like her father, she'll want to prove she's even a greater pilot" Maverick said.

.......

"Kara!" Her mother exclaimed. Kara stared at the mirror, making sure hair was Secured in the bun. "Coming mom!" She exclaimed. She ran down the stairs, "My goodness child, slow down." My mother said as she chuckled.

Then her mother noticed she was in her uniform. "Kara.." Lillian said. "All Top Gun grads... they been called back to Top Gun for a mission." Kara responded. Her mother sighed. "I see." Her mother said. 

Kara sighed. "Mom, I promise, I will be safe and come home from this mission." Kara said to her mother as she grabbed onto her mother's hands and held onto them.

"I know, but as your mother, I can't help but worry." Lillian said as she looked at her daughter.

"But other then staying safe on this mission, Stay sharp but also have fun." Lillian said. Kara gave her mother a reassuring squeeze before she let go.

"I promise, I will check in every evening." Kara said. 

Lillian looks at her daughter. "I know you will... you have your father's spirit." Lillian said to her. She smiled. Kara was a year old when her father was killed but his memory lives on in her and within the household.

"But don't do anything stupid, Red." Her mother added sternly. "I copy Mother."  Kara said with a slight smile.

"Love you momma." Kara said with a smile. "Love you too, My darling." Her mother said with a smile. Then Kara walked out of the house, walked to her red cadillac that belong to her mother which ended up being passed down to her.

"Alright Red... Lets do this." Kara said to herself as she started the car. Then she pulled out of the driveway and head to Hard Deck.

................