Addiction

"Fany?" 

Tiffany heard her name being called but she didn't respond because she was too engrossed in the book she was reading. 

"Fany. I'm almost done cooking. Can you help me set the table?" Taeyeon shouted from the kitchen. She was in the midst of cooking a simple dinner for the two of them because they were too lazy to head out and Taeyeon just felt like cooking that day as well as to use up the ingredients in the fridge before they go to waste. 

"Fany?!" Taeyeon shouted again when there were no response from the woman in the living room. 

"Yes yes. Coming!" Tiffany shouted back but she never move. She just wanted to finish that last few pages before stopping at the end of the chapter. It took her another 15 mins before she bookmarked her page and close her book. She then head to the kitchen, only to witness an angry looking Taeyeon who was going about the kitchen grumbling something to herself while banging everything she touches. 

"I'm here. What do you want me to help with?" Tiffany asked, straightaway taking a seat on the dining table, inspecting the few dishes that was already on the table. Oblivious to the mood of the other person in the kitchen, she picked up a pair of chopstick and put a piece of meat into her mouth. 

"Wow, such manner you have." Taeyeon said when she saw that. She places one bowl of rice in front of Tiffany before taking a seat across from her with her own bowl of rice. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Nothing. Eat. Thanks for helping anyway." 

Tiffany didn't miss the sarcastic tone. "I wanted to help. You just couldn't wait." She tried defending herself. 

"Yeah. Because if I were to wait, I'll probably starve to death." 

"Don't exaggerate." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I just needed to finish that few pages before I'll come to help you." 

"..." Taeyeon didn't answer and begin eating. She was too tired from cooking to be starting a fight. 

"Fine." Tiffany was defeated. "I'll help you clean up and wash the dishes later ok." She tried to console the sulking latter. 

"It's ok, just continue reading that favorite book of yours. I don't even know what's so good about it." 

"It's good. I'm sure you'll like it once you read the content." Tiffany smirked and raised her eyebrows playfully. Recently, she was addicted to the '50 shades of grey' book series. It has some mature content in it which is why she was sure Taeyeon would love it knowing how much of a pervert her girlfriend is. 

"No thanks. And don't even think of forcing me to read those English books." Taeyeon answered, referring to the three thick '50 shades of grey' books she saw Tiffany bought home some days ago.