"And yet..."

☆⭑⋆ "you like because"
" you love despite"

Lana's Pov

We're finally back home. So yeah the mission didn't go as planned. In fact it didn't even go as the other alternative option if the plan wouldn't work. Does that make sense?

And to add to this mess now not only do we have to take care of each other and ourselves but now we have to take care of a seven year old who her herself doesn't know what's going on.

We haven't exactly explained to her what happened exactly. I mean she did saw her mother's dead and bloody body laying on the ground.

But right now she looks happy. I think she forgot what she saw. She keeps saying it was just a nightmare and that we're just taking care of her until her mom picks her up.

Right now im in the kitchen. No surprises there right?

And yes i am going to give this hopeless child some pieces of bread with Nutella. It's delicious okay?

I go to the living room where Harry and Libby are watching a cartoon on the TV.

This is somewhat kinda sweet.

Libby is fully laying on his chest almost falling asleep. Harry is actually fully interested in the cartoon and is literally following every move the animated characters are doing.

Sometimes i wish i could do the same. I wish i could just sit down in my living room and lay down on the soft couch, grab a coffe and some muffins and just watch all my favourite childhood cartoons all day.

God i just wish i was a kid again.

"Hey you two" - i walk out of the kitchen and make my way to the living room witch is literally only like two steps away.

"Dinner i-

" Shhhh"-Harry puts a finger on his lips telling me to shut up.

"She's asleep" - he whispers.

"Oh" - i turn to look at the little girl who is peacefully sleeping her thumb finger on her mouth, and she's smiling a bit. I hope she's having a nice dream.

"Well would you like to accompany me on this fine dinner i made?" - i gesture to the kitchen where there is only bread, Nutella and apple juice laying on the table.

"My god!" - he puts his hand on his chest.

"Lana Black is asking me out?"

"No, im just trying to be nice, i guess..." - i stop myself before saying to much. I can not show weakness. I am not weak. And even if i am i can't show it. Ever.

"You guess what?" - i can tell he's not going to let this go.

"Nothing, i guess nothing" - i shrug trying to act like im not hiding anything but my face is doing the complete opposite.

"No there is something" - he makes a face and points at me.

"You're hiding something from me"

"Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't it?" - i try to humor my way out of this.

"Glad to know you still, at least humour your way out of things"

"Means there's still some of the old you in there"

"It means nothing" - i declare.

"Do you want to eat or not, cause i can just eat myself and enjoy this amazing meal" - i start to walk away but he stops me.

"Hey, im sorry i didn't mean to upset you, really" - he says with an worried expression on his face, while holding a grip on my hand.

"It's fine just please don't say stuff like that again, i get what you're trying to do but it's not going to work, trust me"

"Alright I'll stop trying, i promise" - he answers but I don't really believe him. He has that same look that he always has when he tries not to laugh.

"Alright then let's go" - i pull away from his grip and walk towards the kitchen.

He's right behind me.

"Just to be clear, you're not going to stop trying aren't you?" - i ask immediately regretting that i did.

"Oh absolutely yes" - he manages to get that out of a mouth full of food.

"You know me to well Lee"

I say nothing. I don't have what to say to that really. If i tell him not to call me that, he'll still do it anyway so what's the point in trying? He's never not going to do something if someone tells him not to. When he wants something he's determined to get it. No matter what. And i know for a fact that he won't stop doing this until he turns me into a full on softie like him. And i can't have that. Not in this life. Not now.

I hate that. I hate that he's too nice, that he's too talkative, to thoughtful that he forgets to think about himself, the fact that he's a full on know it all, and the fact that he will literally know any quote you can think of, the fact that he would sit and watch a movie with you even tho he fucking hates it he would still sit there and watch it for hours. I hate that he gets easily distracted by everything, his stupid sarcastic remarks and comments. How loud he is. How much of a distraction he is...

And yet...

So i just rewatched set it up last night and my obsession came back again so yeah you're going to see a lot of this movie's quotes on this book.

This chapter is kinda wholesome.

I love how they both care for Libby so much.

Imagine how it will be when they get their own kids...

I literally had to sit down and think for two full hours to write this chapter so i hope you liked it <33

Please leave your opinions od suggestions in the comments!
I wanna know what you guys think!

Remember i love yall sm <33

All the love, M ♡

Oh i almost forgot.
Here is a little visual of Harry's and Lana's relationship :

Now byeee!!
For real this time lol.

I love you so much <33 ♡