Extra: Night 6 (Astral)

After going home and enjoying his well-deserved rest, Y/n decided to take up Ratatoskr on their offer for an extra night. Shido was still away, so he would contribute to further lowering the risk of the Spirits going unstable. And this time, he wouldn't be in danger! Well, mostly anyway.

His parents were surprised he wanted to go back, especially after he complained so much. His friends, Yamato and Minato encouraged him. At half to midnight, he took the bus to the house to meet up with Reine. She was already waiting in front of the building.

Reine waved at Y/n.

Reine: Good night. I'm glad you are willing to continue working with us.

Y/n: Yeah, well, I think I got used to coming here. And I wanted to see the girls again, even though we basically said our goodbyes to each other.

Reine: I understand. Come, let's go inside.

She unlocked the front door, and they went inside.

Y/n: Are they...?

Reine: Yes, they're asleep. But since you came, they'll wake up sometime after midnight. The longer they're awake and "interacting" with you, the better.

Y/n: Understood. Did you repair the office? Kurumi pretty much destroyed everything.

Reine: Yes, everything's as it was before. Brand new and shiny. All right, I'll see you after dawn. Have a good night, Y/n.

Y/n: You too. Goodbye.

Reine left the building after waving goodbye to Y/n, who made his way to the office. It was repaired as she said. Y/n sat down and took tablet. He checked the master bedroom, and the girls were sleeping soundly. Having gotten comfortable, his extra shift began.

-- 12 PM / 100% battery –

Tohka woke up and walked over to the office. Y/n didn't close the door.

Tohka: Y/n! I'm glad to see you!

Y/n: Hey, Tohka! Me too. How are you?

Tohka: Good, but shouldn't you close the door?

Y/n: Why? You're harmless.

She wasn't exactly overjoyed to hear that.

Tohka's Astral Meter: 10%

Tohka: Hmph! I'm not harmless! You better do your thing and close the door, or I'll make you regret it, dummy!

Y/n saw the meter warning on his tablet and closed the door.

Tohka: That's better! Now, I'll go make something for you!

She went back the hallway. Y/n realised he should do what he's done before, both because of this new meter and because of his task.

Kotori woke up!

As Tohka was making a dish, Kotori woke up and walked over to her.

Kotori: Hey. Is Y/n here?

Tohka: Yeah! I'm making him more fluffy bread!

Kotori: Sure. I'll go give him a scare.

She charged for the office, but Y/n closed the door on her face.

Kotori: Glad to see you too. Still attentive, huh?

Y/n: Some things don't change, like your attitude.

Kotori's Astral Meter: 30%

Y/n: UH, sorry! That was a bad joke.