Night 4: Crimson Nightmare

Y/n was greeted by the usual atmosphere, and he went straight to the office to check on the girls. All three were again sleeping, with Kotori having her forehead bandaged. Y/n was relieved.

He also checked the new room, but it was only filled with mirrors, no girl in sight. One mirror was still shattered from the night before.

He put forth all his knowledge and braced for his fourth night shift. Tonight, he would face all four girls, one way or another.

-- 12 PM / 100% battery --

The phone rang again, and Y/n confidently picked it up.

Phone guy: Hi! Uh... Kyouhei here. So, we finally meet in person. Well, even if just by phone. As you might have concluded, this is not a recording.

Y/n stood up in surprise.

Y/n: H-Hello?! It's not? Am I talking to an actual person?

Phone guy: It's not, I swear. First, I must apologize on behalf of Ratatoskr. We may have not been fully truthful with you.

Y/n: Darn it if that isn't true! Your night guarding almost got me killed!

Phone guy: N-Now, that's not entirely true. The girls--I mean the Spirits are not murderers. Well, kind of...

Y/n: Spirits huh? So, they're some kind of ghosts?

Phone guy: Not exactly. Um, did you read the note left by Reine?

Y/n: Yeah, I have read it. Bunch of orders.

Phone guy: I must remind you not to speak of anything that happens in this place to anyone else. Uh, commander's orders.

Y/n: Tell me then, who is this commander? Kotori?

Phone guy: Was it that obvious...?! Uh, I mean! Sir, you are wrong! Now please listen, I have to hang up soon, but do not believe the girl in crimson red. And if you are caught or tricked, uh... Well, improvise! Ratatoskr has great faith in you.

Y/n: Improvise against two flintlocks? Gee, thanks.

Phone guy: After tomorrow, you will be free to go. I won't be able to call you anymore, so good luck! R-Reine, do I...?

Y/n: Wait, why won't--

Phone guy: Goodbye!

Kyouhei hung up.

Y/n: Are they government? Why did they pick me for this job, I'm way underqualified. Fine, let's get this over with.

-- 1 AM / 91% battery --

Y/n got better at conserving battery power.

All three girls woke up.

Kotori: Oww... It hurts...

The fierce Kotori was suddenly almost tearing up in pain.

Tohka: Maybe you should stay in bed, Kotori...

Kotori: No! I want Y/n to blow on my wound to make it better.

Tohka: Ehh?!

Yoshino: Yoshino wants to play with Y/n...

Tohka: Well... Too bad! Y/n is mine! I'm making him delicious food!

Yoshinon: We're too adorable to resist!

Tohka: I don't think he's into children and rabbits...

Yoshinon: No one can deny Yoshinon and Yoshino, purple girl.