41

Chapter 11.4 The Venomous Snake’s Kiss (Part 4)

  The wall of the Black Iron Great Wall is very wide, enough for a hundred cloud beasts to go side by side.

  Huge crossbows were placed one by one on the top of the wall. The cold faced cultivator put the huge black iron arrows that were as thick as Sang Yuanyuan’s calf on the huge crossbows and shot them towards the bottom of the wall. In accordance with the differences in each person’s cultivation basis, the bowstring and arrow body will be dyed with the color of the spirit. Red, yellow, black, white and green, these five colors of arrows crashed down the wall like a rainstorm.

  Once a round of iron arrows burst out, a howling sound of a new round will come from below.

  You Wuming jumped down from the cloud beast, grabbed Sang Yuanyuan’s arm and took her to the edge of the wall.

  ”Haven’t seen an underworld demon, right?” He used one of his icy-cold hands to press against her nape and pushed her into the rampart.

  He bent his body, both their heads side by side, squeezing affectionately by the side of a huge crossbow.

  Sang Yuanyuan gazed down.

  It was too far away so the scene underneath could not be seen clearly. What entered her eyes was a whole place of red color. Above the red color, clusters of black arrows were pierced on it.

  Under some of the black arrows, there is a red color struggling and wriggling. Presumably that is the underworld demon.

  The flames of war spread onto the top of the wall, leaving traces of tar on the black iron wall. Under the wall, there were massive amounts of charred things, piled up really high and some places were still burning with flames.

  After a wave of arrows rain, two teams quickly swept out from under the gate. One team carried the charred things under the wall onto the cart, cleaned up a small section of the wall‘s base. The other team was responsible for recovering the arrows nearby.

  Their movements were astonishingly swift. Before Sang Yuanyuan could even see it clearly, she already saw the two teams gathered and returned to the gatehouse together. The iron gates closed one after another, the rumble and tremor even spread to the top of the wall.

  You Wuming releases her somewhat disappointingly.

  He said : “Not fun. Really useless. “

  Sang Yuanyuan miraculously understood the mental patient’s thoughts——the underworld demons didn’t use this opportunity to attack the two teams, making him not being able to see a good play.

  It was unknown whether Sang Yuanyuan’s luck was good or bad. After that one time rain of arrows, there is no more movement under the wall.

  The officers and soldiers here are all cultivators. They seize this time out to sit down against the rampart and begin to adjust their breath.

  A moment of leisure amidst the flames of war seems so precious that even Sang Yuanyuan can’t help but also breathe a sigh of relief.

  Just now, she always felt like she was stuffed in an iron pot, as if all her senses were tightly bound around the vicinity of the wall, and only her mind that was focused on the space in front of her.

  Right at this moment, she suddenly felt enlightened. She looked up and saw the outer Great Wall ten Li away.

  That’s the front line in welcoming the underworld demons.

  A few days ago, a gateway was breached, and the underworld demons swarmed into the buffer zone between the inner and outer Great Walls. This is why Tiandu would take it so seriously and let You Wuming assist Han Shaoling in eliminating the demons.

  Her brain had just mentioned Han Shaoling, this name, she immediately heard the magnetic male lead’s voice in her ear.

         “King You?”