xiii. VOICEMAILS AND A SEWER MALL

YOU.

——- Y/n stood and excused herself from the group. There was too much running through her head; she needed some space. What's wrong with me?, she thought as she walked through the damp cavern, small puddles splashing at her feet. When Jason and Leo were out of sight, she sighed, leaned against the wall behind her, and sunk to the ground.

A headache brew as she tried to remember more about her past. She thought of Jason's dream, the woman Leo saw, whatever was happening to Piper and her dad. But, as she reached into the depths of her mind, she remembered something; the phone.

The last time she had it, it was in her pants pocket, but those were taken by the Hyperborean Maidens. At that thought, she realized she was still in the dress. Ugh. Y/n rummaged through her pockets in hope that Oupis had placed her belonging in the jacket, and to her surprise—she did. Along with everything else she had on her, which was a single ponytail and a couple ambrosia squares in a plastic bag.

The cold, plastic case chilled Y/n's fingers, and she hoped it wasn't dead. She pressed the on button.

It turned on.

Y/n did a silent cheer, but noticed the battery level at the top: 13%.

She quickly punched in the password, the date from the photo, and the phone opened. The home screen was, yet again, that girl. Y/n assumed she must've been close friends with her before all this happened. She searched through the phone, but there wasn't much on it. Just the default apps. She opened the photos, and there were only a few pictures; all of that girl and Y/n.

She opened the messages. No texts. The phone. No contacts. But in the call history, there was one voicemail. From yesterday. When I was at camp?

She pressed play. A low, gravely voice spoke.

"Report status. 41.8034458, -87.6216141." Dial tone.

...

"Okay, weird."

Unsure what to do with that information, Y/n turned the phone off to preserve the battery. She placed the phone back in her pocket and zipped it shut. She was lucky the pockets had zippers like that.

Y/n pulled out her sword from its place at her hip. She examined it, playing with the metal. Her fingers lined to grooves as she thought about what Jason had said.

The earthen cage he dreamt of. The one Hera was in. The greatest threat—the one who could only be kept asleep. When Y/n heard that, it scared her. And the exchange... it all felt so... familiar.

She told Leo all this earlier. He was confused; but so was she. Y/n told him she had a sense of familiarity and was worried about the part she played in all this. He consolidated her, telling her she shouldn't worry and that he was sure everything would be okay, but—she wasn't sure if she could believe it.

Y/n groaned.

She had sat for about an hour now and decided it was time to head back. She reluctantly stood up, stretched, and began walking back to where she had left her friends.

There, she saw Piper sleeping with her head in Jason's lap, and Leo, fast asleep against the ledge. Jason was awake.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked in a hushed voice.

Y/n nodded, "Yeah. You not going to sleep?"

"Nah, I slept enough earlier. I'm not tired."

Y/n walked up to him and sat next to him on the ledge, on the opposite side of Piper.