XIX

I smiled a bit as a hungry Jia latched onto my nipple. She was an adorable and healthy baby. She sucked quickly, taking in the milk. After she finished eating I burped her lightly and laid her on the bed as I sat criss-cross applesauce. Her eyes started to slowly close and I smiled, booping her nose lightly.

I moved her to the bassinet that the hospital provides and took a picture of her. Mark would be back soon with food and I just realized that none of my friends knew I gave birth. I quickly sent the picture to Renjun and Jisung and they were ecstatic about it.

Renjun (2:37 PM): CAN I PLEASE COME MEET HER!!!

You (2:37 PM): Well of course you can, but she's sleeping rn

Renjun (2:38 PM): Don't care. I'm still coming and I'm picking up JIsung. Ahhhhh

I laughed and put my phone down on the bed as Mark returned to the room carrying Panera Bread and a cup of coffee. He handed me the bag and I took out my usual order of a turkey sandwich and a small mac and cheese. I took a sip of the rich coffee and sighed. I dug into my food and just realized how hungry I was.

"How long did it take?" I asked Mark who was admiring the newborn.

"A little over three hours. You did great." he said.

"That long?! God..."

"She's finally here..." Mark said, rubbing his index finger over Jia's soft cheek.

I giggled, "Yep, she is." I said taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Is it okay if my mom comes?" he asked, taking a sip of his own drink he got.

"Yep! Renjun and Jisung are already on their way and I'm sure Jeno and Jaemin will tag along as well. I just don't want them all in here at the same time, so how about your mom come afterward?"

"Alright, I'll let her know," he said, smiling.

He came over and gave my forehead a kiss. "I love you Donghyuck."

"I love you too."

Almost right after Renjun and Jisung came rushing into the room.

"Where is she?!" Renjun says loudly.

"Shhh! She's still sleeping. Be quiet!" I whisper yelled and he shut up.

I motioned to the bassinet next to the bed with a peacefully sleeping Jia. They quietly walked over but you could still see their excitement. Renjun almost squealed when he saw her face and he looked at me.

"She's yours?!" he whispered and I nodded, laughing a little at his remark.

"She's so cute!!" Jisung replied and looked back at me.

"I know." I said.

I got up to throw away my trash and god did my legs feel wobbly. I successfully made it to the trash can and dumped the crust of my sandwich and the package in the black bin.

Me, Mark, Renjun and Jisung all kept talking for a while since we hadn't seen each other in a while. Well Mark has but not me. After a little bit they both left the hospital and Mark called his mom saying she could come now.

Small babbles came from next to me. Jia was now awake and was patiently waiting for someone to pay attention to her. She wasn't crying or anything and was just laying there. I picked the infant up from the bassinet and held her in my arms.

"Wanna hold her?" I asked Mark who was sitting in the chair across the room.

"Sure." he said a bit hesitantly, I'm not sure he's ever held a baby before.