XVIII

Today was one of the worst days I've had in a while. My feet were swollen and aching and I just felt really tired. All I wanted to do was lay in bed the whole day. I wanted Mark to hold me and never let go.

But I couldn't do that, I had things to do like school and I also had to go to work later for my shift. I just really wasn't up for it. This happens to me every month or so, I feel really tired and unmotivated for one day and then I get back to it the next day no problem.

I stood in the kitchen waiting for my coffee to finish. I was feeling something colder today and wasn't in the mood for a warm drink. I filled a cup with ice and heard the beep of the coffee machine. I poured the freshly brewed drink into the cup and grabbed the creamer from the fridge. I stirred it all up until it was a medium brown color.

Sitting down at the table I looked out the window. The trees were slowly getting their wonderful green leaves back and were softly swaying in the wind.

I started my third trimester today, I'm officially 28 weeks. It's going by so fast yet so slow. I'm super excited to meet her but at the same time I'm still really scared about taking care of a kid. I'm sure she'll be great though.

We still haven't picked a name yet. Names have been suggested and eliminated a lot but we still haven't fully decided. We want the perfect name for our baby. The crib I got was super adorable but we haven't assembled it yet, we thought that'd we'd do it closer to my due date instead of it taking up space.

I was lost in thought when I felt a small tapping feeling on the inside of my stomach. I looked down at the covered bump. A kick. I couldn't believe it. I put my hand under my shirt and felt where the tapping was and I felt another small kick. I smiled and wished I could share it with Mark.

I logged onto my laptop and did my assignments. It was something quick today which was good, I don't think anyone is a fan of long assignments in school. After I finished I went to do what I wanted. Sleep.

I was still in my pj's from earlier in the day so I just hopped into bed and pulled up the covers letting my body be engulfed in the warmth they provided.

I felt a thumb on my cheek, waking me from my slumber. My eyes fluttered open and I saw my wonderful and hot ass boyfriend staring down at me. The light in the room was dim signaling it was getting late. I shot up. I still had work.

I looked at the time, 7:19 PM. My shift should've started at 5:00, I totally missed it.

"Baby, lay back down. You need rest." Mark said, right after I checked the time.

"But I have work! I can't just skip work! I'll be fired." I exclaimed

"Shush shush! I called your work already, I said you didn't feel well."

"But-"

"No. You've been working your ass off and I don't think you've taken a day off since you started working at the cafe full time. You need rest Hyuck. I can see how exhausted you are and other people have probably noticed too."

I took in a breath and looked into his deep chocolate eyes. "Fine." I pouted and laid back down onto the bed. I couldn't deny that I was completely burned out and being pregnant wasn't helping either.

"Well can you at least lay with me." I said, making grabby hands at him.

"Of course baby." he said and I smiled softly with my eyes closed again.

His weight sank the bed a little and he wrapped his arms around me and touched my belly. I curled up against him, his chest on my back. He rubbed small circles on my belly slowly, it was really relaxing.