X

If it wasn't obvious I picked the first apartment I looked at, and even though I insisted Mark still gave me the money which was literally over $3,000 dollars. How rich was this man's family? I was scheduled to move in on the 10th of December which was around a month and a half away. (A/N I honestly really don't know what month it is in this story and if it adds up but I'm just rolling with it.) It was only two days after my 18th birthday.

If I'm being honest I'm excited to move out but I'm also incredibly scared. Yes I've basically lived alone since I presented as an omega but I've never had the challenges of living as an adult like bills and getting a good job. It scared me. I was so thankful for all the support my friends and Mark were giving me throughout this. I was so grateful for them.

I was moving in on a Saturday so I wouldn't have to miss school to move in my things which wasn't much to begin with.

Now I was laying in my boyfriend of one months bed, me lying almost completely on top of him. His parents weren't home so it was just the two of us and he was rubbing his warm hands up and down my back. I put my nose into the crook of his neck, taking in a breath. His smell was so comforting.

"Want something to eat baby?" he asked me. I loved when he called me baby. It was like one of my favorite things.

His smell felt like he was drugging me so I just hummed, not wanting to move. He chuckled and hugged my waist tightly. It was dominant and loving at the same time.

"Anything you want to do then?" he asks and I let out a sigh against his neck and I can feel him shiver beneath me. I thought for a moment I wanted to cuddle and I know it's a bit early for this but I also wanted to have sex with him. Don't be shocked if this man was your boyfriend you'd want to have sex with him too. I was leaning more towards the first option though.

"Cuddle." I say my voice coming out muffled.

"Alright cuddling it is then."

We both fall asleep in each other's arms.

—-------

I started packing up my summer clothes and putting them in a few boxes since I wasn't going to use them during winter and just kept my long sleeve shirts and pants in my closet. I also decided to go through it as I went to see if I didn't want anything, there were only a couple pieces I didn't exactly like anymore.

Me and Mark were going to a nice cafe for lunch, not the one I worked at though. That would be so embarrassing. So we decided to go to one that was about 20 minutes away and then go shopping afterward. I think I've decided to use the money Mark gave me for some furniture instead of the monthly pay since I already make enough to pay for it. I've been working more hours on the weekends so it's not a big deal.

The thing I wanted most was a couch and a TV, basically everything you need for a living room. I wasn't thinking of hanging the TV on the wall though, I just wanted a nice TV stand with storage. I've thought a lot about what I wanted the apartment to look like when it's finished and I think it might take a while to be fully complete but that's okay.

I put on a sweater with some jeans and put on my doc martens, they were my absolute favorite shoes for the fall/winter season since they were cute and trendy. I grabbed my phone and saw a text saying Mark was on his way, it was sent 3 minutes ago so I didn't have to rush.

I walked down my stairs and saw my mom in the kitchen. She was making lunch for Minhyun and Boram. They were 16 can't they make food for themselves at this point? I just walked past thinking she wouldn't care that I was leaving, she probably wanted me to leave.

"Where the hell are you going?" she asked and turned around from the pot she was watching on the stove. I stopped dead in my tracks, I really didn't want to deal with this right now.

"I'm just going out with my friend. That's all." I said, sighing afterward.

"Why would anyone want to hangout with an Omega? Whoever does is weird."

"They want to hangout with me because we're friends. Secondary genders shouldn't matter!" I replied restlessly.

She rolls her eyes, "You know that's not true! Omegas are pathetic and can't make a life for themselves!"

I'm starting to make one for myself. But she doesn't need to know that. I soon heard my phone ding and started walking away, my mom yelling degrading things after me. I walked out of the house and went to the passengers side of the car, stepping in.

Mark could definitely tell there was something wrong since he put a hand on my shoulder. I turned and looked at him with sad eyes.

"What's wrong baby?" he asked. I just stayed silent and let out distressed pheromones which he scrunched his nose at.

"Don't do that... tell me what's wrong."

"My mom..."

"What about her?" he asks.

"She always degrades me for being an omega and I don;t really care but at the same time it really hurts." I say looking down at my boots.

"Baby, look at me." he says in a stern but caring voice. I look at him, I'm definitely ruining our date right now.

"Don't ever let those comments get to you. You can do anything regardless of your gender. Don't let anyone tell you differently. I love you and you should take that deeply." he gives me a peck on the lips after finishing.

I sigh and smile a little. Mark said he loves me.

"I love you too."

"Now come on, let's go and have a good time." he says and I nod.

I ordered a coffee and a croissant at the cafe and it was delicious, it wasn't dry and it had an amazing flavor. Mark got black coffee, I still wonder how he drinks that stuff and a piece of cheesecake. I had a bite or two and it was also super good. I rate it a 9/10 since it was a bit expensive but you pay for what you get.

When we got in the car I asked to go to Pottery Barn and he agreed and said he'd help me find something I liked. God I loved this man. We listened to some music on the way to the mall the Pottery Barn was in and I felt more relaxed.

When we got there I got out of the car and waited for Mark before we started walking inside. The mall itself was huge so it was pretty busy and being the protective boyfriend he is, Mark grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. We walked to the Pottery Barn and I immediately started looking around. This has been one of my favorite stores since I was a kid for some reason.

I looked at some kitchen tables that were too big for the apartment and some new bedspreads since I didn't really like my dark blue ones anymore. There were some bedsheets I really liked that had a light floral pattern on it. It was $103 but they were really good quality and I knew I wasn't going to buy new ones anytime soon.

I came across a couch I liked. It was really comfortable and was a beige/cream color. I could really imagine it in the apartment and I think it would go nicely with the walls. The sad thing is the couch was $2,400 and I wasn't really looking for something that expensive, I guess that's what you get when you shop at Pottery Barn.

In the end I left with the sheets and the couch on hold so I could purchase it when I was ready. I felt accomplished and I was super excited to move now.