🎃🕯Chapter 01: The Story Of The Sanderson Sisters🕯🎃

"...Poor Thackery Binx. Neither his father, his mother, nor anyone else ever knew what became of him again those 300 years ago." Oh, how I so badly wanted to shout out that actually, there is somebody who knew what happened to him after all these years, but it's impossible for me to do so without being made a fool of.

"And so..." Ms. Olin got out of her seat and walked around the desk towards the students. She was dressed as a witch....or at least that is what the kids of today think witches look like. "..the Sanderson sisters were hanged by the Salem townsfolk."

That's one way of getting rid of Winnie. "Now, there are those who say that on Halloween night, a black cat still guards the old Sanderson house, warning off any who might make the witches come back to life." She threw a bit of black fabric at a student and screamed, pretending to be a witch. The student jumped slightly and screamed in fright. This made the rest of the students in the class laugh, including myself.

All except Max Dennison. He was new to this town. His family had moved here just recently. "Gimme a break."

Ms. Olin turned to Max with a slight frown. The class stopped laughing and watched the interaction between Ms. Olin and Max. "Ah-ha...we seem to have a sceptic in our midst. Mr. Dennison, would you care to share your California, laid-back, tie-dyed point of view?" This made some of the students laugh.

"Okay." Max sat up in his seat and answered the question without hesitation. "Granted that you guys here in Salem are all into these black cats and witches and stuff."

The students grumbled, and Ms. Olin raised an eyebrow slightly. "'Stuff'?"

"He's not wrong." I pointed out. Everyone turned their attention to me. "If the story of the Sanderson sisters is anything to go by, it isn't hard to believe that Salem is a place used as a centre piece for Halloween myths and legends and such."

Ms. Olin nodded. "That is true indeed, Angie." Allison, a friend of mine who was sitting in front of me, smiled at me knowingly. I rolled my eyes, but smiled anyway.

"Well, there's that." Max shrugged his shoulders. "But everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies." I suppressed a laugh as Ms. Olin gasped and turned her head away as if she was offended by what Max had just said, while some of the students shook their heads and spoke amongst themselves. "It's a conspiracy."

Before I even decided whether or not I should comment, Allison leaned on her desk and spoke up instead this time. "It just so happens that Halloween is based the ancient feast called All Hallow's Eve."

Max turned round slightly in his seat and paid attention to what Allison was saying. That, or he was just staring at her because he thinks she's cute and is probably thinking about getting her phone number. "It's the one night of the year where the spirits of the dead can return to Earth." The students erupted in cheers and applauded Allison. I smiled at her and nodded proudly, giving her a thumbs up. Max didn't say anything and turned back round in his seat and wrote down something.

"Well done, Allison." Ms. Olin said over the noise.

Max decided to be bold and walked over to Allison's desk and handed her a note. "Well, in case Jimi Hendrix shows up tonight, here's my number." A couple of boys in the class wolf whistled.

I sighed and shook my head just as the bell rang. I placed my books in my backpack before standing up and leaving with Allison.

It seems the male species hasn't changed much over the past 300 years.

🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️
**End Of Chapter 01**
🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️