🎃🕯Chapter 06: A Reunion In The Strangest Of Circumstances - Part 01🕯🎃

Thackery and I stopped outside the gates that lead to a familiar graveyard. "Looks like we'll be safe here."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" Max yelled as he and the girls skidded to a stop. "Come on, this is a graveyard!"

"It's hallowed ground." Thackery explained. "Witches can't set foot here."

Allison raised an eyebrow at me skeptically. "Speaking of, what was that all about, Angie? You have the same last name as them, but I didn't believe you would have anything to do with them, especially since they're not meant to be real, like, at all."

Max placed a reassuring hand on Allison's shoulder, making her blush. "I'm sure she had a reason not to tell you Allison. I mean, if I was a wizard or whatever, I probably wouldn't have told anybody until the time was right."

I blinked a few times. "That's...that's a pretty smart decision, actually. Something I never have expected from you at all."

Max snorted. "Why do you sound so surprised?"

Dani rolled her eyes. "Because it's you, that's why, you big doofus."

I chuckled. "To answer your question Allison, yes. Yes, I am a Sanderson. It's exactly as Max said. I had to wait for the correct moment to explain everything so that you would understand, just as I have done with your ancestors all these years."

Allison's eyes went wide. "You...you're a part of the story of The Sanderson Sisters! I'm sure grandma had spoken about you before, but I completely forgot about it until now.... 'The Secret Sanderson Of Salem'...you're her...but how?!? Why??"

"Never mind that, if Angie is a witch, and witches can't set foot here, then she won't be able to go past the gates at all, would she?" Dani asked. Every turned to me.

I was about to speak, but Thackery jumped onto my shoulder and rubbed his cheek against mine, making me forget about what I was going to say. I rubbed behind his ear, hearing him purr before he spoke. "Evangeline is the only one out of the Sanderson witches to be allowed to enter because she is half witch, half human. She is one of a kind."

I chuckled softly. "I knew you were always a softy, but you being a cat makes my assumption all too true."

Dani and Allison looked at Max and I for answers. They were probably wondering how they were able to understand Thackery. Max explained it in the most simple words. "He talks."

Well, that's one way to put it.

Thackery leaped through the gap between the bars on the gates and called out to us as he ran ahead. "Follow me."

I pushed one of the gates open to let them to walk through first before I closed it gently. I gave Allison a small smile as we walked together behind Max and Dani. "Allison, I'm sorry I haven't told you about...well...all of this. If I was mortal, I wouldn't believe it if I found out that the person I've known for a long time was actually half witch."

Allison sighed before linking arms with me and shaking her head. "It's okay Angie, really. I'm just confused about how it only took me until now to remember the story of The Secret Sanderson Of Salem, but maybe you'll tell me all about that when we're not being chased by three evil witches?"

I hummed in thought. "Maybe not right now, but if we get a moment later on when all is peaceful, then I'll tell you everything, and answer any questions you want to ask. That includes you two as well. I want you all to be able to trust me. I'll do what I can to make sure they won't hurt either one of you."

"Over here." Thackery said as we got to the end of the path and saw a couple of graves as we got closer. "I want to show you something." We spotted Thackery by a gravestone and jogged over to him. "Give you an idea exactly what we're dealing with."

Once we reached Thackery, everyone examined the gravestone that he was standing on. "'William Butcherson?'" Max read out loud. "'Lost sole?'"

I crouched down in front the gravestone and a tear escaping my eye as I read out the bottom line. "'A beloved father who will forever be missed'." I quickly wiped away the tear before anyone noticed.

"Billy Butcherson was Winifred's lover." Thackery explained.

I shook my head. "I never believed it. Not even once. He never liked to talk about Winnie. Always scrunched his face up at just the mention of her name alone."

"Unfortunately, she found him sporting with her sister, Sarah. They courted, and together, they had a daughter." Thackery added. He was facing me when he continued. "She was kept hidden within the village away from Winifred and Mary, for it was said that the offspring of a human and a witch would be a powerful being. The half witch, half human turned out to be the most beautiful being I ever laid my eyes on."

I picked Thackery up and hugged him close to me. He returned the gesture somewhat. "When Winifred eventually found out about her, as well as the fact that Billy was sporting Sarah, not her, she poisoned him and sewed his mouth shut with a dull needle so that he wouldn't tell her secrets even in death. The child was around five years old at the time, and knew nothing about what really happened to her father until later on in life."

"What happened to Sarah and Billy's daughter?" Dani asked.

"Someone had taken her to a kind lady in the village who accepted anyone into her home, including the half witch, half human daughter of one of the Sanderson sisters. She was raised by Billy until just before his death, so she never knew who her mother was until the day of her 16th birthday. The day her powers finally came through." I told them.

Thackery jumped out of my arms and stretched a little before facing Allison, Max, and Dani. "Winifred always was the jealous type, which is why she also wanted to get rid of Sarah and Billy's daughter. She didn't like that fact that her niece could one day overpower her."

I laughed and shook my head. "Well, that's one way to describe her."

"You're Thackery Binx." Allison finally pointed out in realisation.

Thackery nodded. "Yes."

Allison smiled. "So, the legends are true."

Dani gasped and pointed to me. "You said we could ask you anything, right? Like, anything at all? Even if it is personal?"

"Of course." I tried not to laugh. "Go right ahead."

"Are you the daughter of Billy Butcherson, and Sarah Sanderson?"

I glance at Thackery, who gave me an encouraging nod, before I turned my attention back to the Dennison siblings and Allison. "Yes. My real name is Splendora Evangeline Sanderson, but I prefer to use my middle name, Evangeline. Splendora means strong, and that's something I'm not. I could never live up to the level of power my mother and her sisters have succeeded in achieving."

"What are you saying? Of course you're strong." Thackery placed a paw on my arm, grabbing my attention. "You're the strongest witch I've ever known. After 300 years, you still doubt yourself? Honestly, what am I to do with you, Angel?"

"You worry about me too much." I smiled at him. Hearing him say that nickname after many years was like music to my ears.

Oh, and I just rhymed a little there. That might make for a good spell someday I think. "I never thought I would be able to hear you call me that again. While we're on the subject of the past, there is one more grave we should visit and show the children. I'm sure she would have loved to have met them."

"Indeed." Thackery removed his paw from my arm and walked around Allison, Dani, and Max so that he could lead the way. "Well, come along. It's as the lady said, we want to show you something else." 

I stood up and walked beside Dani to the grave where a little girl I once knew to have been a sweet and innocent child:

Emily Binx.

🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️
**End Of Chapter 06**
🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️