🎃🕯Chapter 04: JuSt A bUnCh Of HoCuS pOcUs🕯🎃

(A/N: Evangeline's outfit)

As soon as Allison and I were ready, we left the house with Max and Dani and walked down the street together. We took the lead with Max and Dani following behind us, since we both knew the way there. "Legend has it that the bones of a hundred children are buried within these walls."

"Oh, great." Dani said sarcastically.

I shook my head. "I would say that was more myth than legend." What is up with mortals creating silly stories such as that? Honestly...

When we arrived at the huge gates with a sign that read 'Closed', Allison and I pushed them open and walked up the path with Max and Dani beside us. I stopped not too far from the house, making the three of them stop and turn to me expectantly.

I smiled and shook my head. "You three go on ahead. I promised Dani I would keep watch outside. You know....just incase?" I laughed a little nervously.

Allison nodded. "Okay. We won't be long. If you see any cops or witches, don't hesitate to run in and yell 'they're here'."

"Will do." I spoke a little hesitantly. I could tell my voice was trembling a bit. "Go and have fun...I guess?"

With that said, I was left alone out here as they stepped inside. I saw the lights switch on and sighed in relief, knowing that it wasn't the Black Flame Candle that was lit.

A moment later, I heard Max screaming.

I thought that I would be clever enough to run straight in to see what happened, but of course, as always, I was pushed back by green-coloured magic. I winced a little, but ignored the pain. Their safety was most important. "Max! Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm good...I think?" Max yelled back, but it sounded like he wasn't too sure of that.

I tried to steady my breathing and smooth down my clothes. That's one of the annoying things about being cursed. Even when Winnie isn't here, she'll still manage to hurt me somehow.

All of a sudden, I heard glass smashing, which was coming from inside the house, and the barrier and my necklace pulsed. The lights went out, making the house stand in complete darkness.

I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand. I had a very bad feeling about this.

I stretched a hand out hesitantly to the barrier, only to find that I wasn't zapped this time. "It can't be..."

I looked down at my necklace, then at the house in horror before making a run towards it. "Oh, no."

"Allison? Max? Dani?" I called out to them before pushing the door open and slamming it shut behind me. The three of them screamed, but calmed down instantly when they saw me. "Relax. It's just me."

One moment, they were starting to relax, then the next, they gasped as the ground was shaking as of it was an earthquake. Green light was glowing from underneath it and peaking out through the wood.

I quickly went to Dani and hugged her and held onto Allison as well, while Max held onto the stand where Winnie's book was for dear life. "Everybody, stand your ground! Girls, hold on tight! Max, don't you dare let go of that stand, you hear me?"

Just as those words left me, the ground stopped shaking, and the green light faded away. Max looked at us in confusion. "What happened?"

I turned around and folded my arms. "You tell me. Who lit that candle?"

Dani picked her hat up off the floor and placed it back on her head and looked directly at Max. "A virgin lit the candle."

I looked at Allison, who shook her head. "If it wasn't you..." I raised an eyebrow at Dani, who didn't remove her gaze from Max.

I turned to Max with my eyes wide, shaking my head. "No...no, oh, no, Max! What were you thinking?!"

Max held his hands up in defence. "What? It's just a bunch of hocus pocus, that's all!" I was about to say something, but the candles on the chandeliers and other places around the room, as well as a fire under the cauldron, where lit up on their own. The sound of cackling echoed around the room.

"Hide yourselves!" I whispered/yelled to Allison and Max. Max hid behind the stand, Allison was behind the door just as it slammed right open, and I hid Dani with me behind a wall. I placed a finger to my lips, signalling for Dani to stay quiet as the Sanderson sisters made a dramatic entrance with lightning flashing outside to add to the affect.

"We're home!" Winnie shouted happily.

We're screwed!

🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️
**End Of Chapter 04**
🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️