🎃🕯Chapter 07: A Reunion In The Strangest Of Circumstances - Part 02 🕯🎃

When we reached Emily's grave, we all took a seat around it. I waved a hand in the air to make a lavender appear on the palm of my hand, then I placed it gently next to wear Thackery was sitting. It was her favourite flower. "Rest well, sweet Emily."

Thackery stared at the lilly for a while in thought before turning to us. "Because of me, my little sister's life was stolen, and my dearest friend to whom I care about most was cursed. For years I waited for my life to end so that I could be reunited with my family, but Winifred's curse of immortality kept me alive."

Thackery jumped on my lap and allowed me to stroke his fur softy. That does sound a little odd when I put it like that, but there was no other way to describe it. "Angel, I didn't know that you were alive and well this entire time. I thought that maybe something terrible had happened to you. That was another reason as to why I have been waiting for my own life to end so that I could be with you again. I haven't forgotten our promise."

I couldn't stop a few tears from falling, even now as they fell like a waterfall. "When I woke up, Isabella had taken me to England. After staying there for a short while, I decided to travel back to Salem so that I could be with you again. I visited you every chance I got, even on All Hallows Eve, but Winnie must have made sure that you couldn't see or hear me at all somehow. I wanted to apologise to you for failing to save Emily from them."

Thackery shook his head. "Don't be silly. You didn't do anything wrong. I should be the one to apologise. I should have been the one to protect you, not the other way around. I couldn't keep my promise after that. However, one day, I figured out what to do with my eternal life. Now, I'd failed you and Emily, but I wouldn't fail again."

He turned around and faced the trio, who had been watching us this whole time, making my face heat up in embarrassment. "When Winifred and her sisters returned, I'd be there to stop them. I failed to do that for Emily and Angel all those years ago, but I will not make the same mistake again. So, for three centuries, I've guarded their house on All Hallows Night when I knew some airhead virgin might light the candle." I would have laughed if we weren't in a serious situation such as this.

Dani glared at Max. "Nice going, airhead."

"Hey, look, I'm sorry, okay?" Max stood up and walked around Emily's grave before facing us. "We're talking about three ancient hags versus the 20th century."

I sighed in relief. "So glad you're not referring to me as an ancient hag."

"I could also say the same for myself as well." Thackery added. "If he had described me as an old fart, I would have slapped him silly. These claws are quite sharp, you know?"

Max shrugged his shoulders. "How bad can it be?"

"Bad." Thackery and I answered at the same time.

I turned to Allison in alarm as I sensed Winnie's book being opened. I stood up and placed my hand on it and closed immediately. "Allison, no!"

"Stay out of there!" Thackery yelled at her.

Allison looked at me in confusion. "Why?"

"It holds Winifred's most dangerous spells." Thackery explained. "She must not get it."

"Once the book is opened, any witch, especially Winnie as she holds a bond with it, will automatically sense that it has been opened because it contains powerful spells that are both good, and dangerous." I told her.

Max grabbed the book and dropped it on the ground. "Well, let's torch this sucker." He took out a lighter from his pocket and tried to burn the book, but he was unable to. The book had prevented Max from harming it itself.