🎃🕯Chapter 14: Daylight Savings Time🕯🎃

Max stopped the car in front of the house and got out before I did. Allison agreed to stay by the car and wait for us to come back with Dani and Thackery.

"Prepare to do!" Max yelled just before he entered the house. "Again."

"You!" Winnie sneered at him. "You have no powers here, you fool!"

"Hollywood! Angie!" Jay called out from the large bird cage above. Ice was also in a large bird cage next to him. They were the local town delinquents. Jay used to hit on me before, but he backed off after awhile.

You'd think a person would understand the word 'no'...

"Max might not." I said with a smirk. "But I do."

"Angel!" Thackery yelled from the bag.

Max nodded. "Maybe not, but there's a power greater than your magic, and that's knowledge!" Jay tried to grab our attention, but we ignored him. "And there's one thing that we know that you don't."

"And what is that, 'dude'?" Winnie asked sarcastically. My mother wheezed with laughter.

"Daylight savings time." Max and I said at the same time.

"'Daylight savings time'." Mary mocked us.

All of a sudden, a pink light was lit up behind us, blinding my mother, Mary, and Winnie. I didn't have to use my own magic to make that happen. That was all Allison's doing. She switched the car lights on and put some kind of fabric on the lights, and they reflected on the window.

"Max! Get me out of here!" Dani begged. While my mother and her sisters were attempting to shield themselves from the light, I grabbed the bag Thackery was in. He was placed above the fire.

"Hot cat! Hot cat!" Thackery repeated. Max managed to untie his sister, who ran out with me and Thackery, but we decided to stop by the door and watch Max quickly run over to Ice and slipped a pair of sneakers off his feat.

"Tubular." Max kicked the cauldron, spilling the familiar green potion that Winnie had been brewing all over the floor.

"Yeah!" Dani cheered.

"Come on guys, let's go!" He shoved us out.

Dani stopped. "Angie, Max, I wanna see her turn to dust." We turned to see Allison whistling beside the car and making gestures with her hands to show Dani that the pink light was in fact, from the car, not the sunlight.

Dani took a quick glance behind her before deciding to run with us to the car. "Pump it!" Max and Allison removed the fabric from the lights and got in the car after the rest of us jumped in.

While Max was trying to start the car, I pulled Thackery out of the bag and hugged him close. "I'm so sorry for leaving you both like that."

Thackery shook his head. "Nonsense. You did nothing wrong, Angel. I would have done the same if our roles were switched around." He never fails to make me smile.

Max reversed the car and hit a sign behind us before he drove forward full speed ahead while I stroked Thackery's soft fur, glad that him and Dani were now safe and sound.

🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃🧙🏻‍♀️🎃

I spoke too soon.

We were now stuck in the middle of a road where a lot of children in Halloween costumes were walking very slowly towards the Sanderson house. "Come on! Move it!"

I looked around in confusion. "I was absolutely certain that all the children who were under my mother's siren spell earlier were no longer under it....Just how many children were affected by her spell exactly?"

"You weren't to know, Angie." Allison said from the passenger seat in front of me. "Besides, they won't be able to hurt those children anyway because the sun will be up soon."

"Step on it, Max!" Dani yelled in panic beside me.

"Are they following us?" Max asked, looking very unsure.

Allison turned round in her seat and looked out the back window. "No."

Max smiled slightly. "Good."

Max continued to drive down the road, and all was silent. That was, until I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand and start to panic."They're here!"

Just as those words left me, Winnie flew down on her broom so that she was flying beside Max' window. "Pull over!" She was pointing and laughing at him. "Let me see your driver's permit."

She tried to grab Max and pull him out of the car, but myself, Dani, and Allison grabbed onto him as well, trying to prevent her from doing so. "Resisting arrest?"

"Trying to commit a crime by kidnapping, are we?" I questioned sarcastically. Max hits her in the face, sending her flying away from us and face-planting the bushes. Everyone cheered.

About a minute later, Max pulled up in front of the gates to the cemetery. I cringed at the screeching sound the car made before Max stopped. "I can never get used to 20th century vehicles even after living over 300 years."

"You and me both." Thackery agreed before I opened the door and stepped out with him. "Hurry! Hurry!" I pushed the gate and waited for them to run in before I closed it with Max' help.

Max turned around and smacked into something, knocking him down. "Max!" Dani screamed. "Angie!"

I helped him stand up. "You okay, Max?"

"No, wait, Dani!" Thackery yelled. Max didn't say anything, but stared wide-eyed in fear at whatever was in front of him that knocked him down.

I looked at what he was looking at, only to go wide-eyed myself, but I wasn't afraid. Well, maybe a little, considering Winnie brought him back to life...sort of... "And here I thought you had smacked right into a brick wall."

Turns out, it wasn't a brick wall.

It was my father.

🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️
**End Of Chapter 14**
🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️