Raised

Disney Tarzan and Jungle Book has inspired me about being a wild human raised by an animal. So I decided to have Cat Noir be raised by panthers and one day he'll know that he's a human.

Characters belong to (c) Zagtoon.

I don't own the image.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A black panther with green eyes heard a strange sound that did not sound like any other animal. It was the cry of a baby. So the panther walked over to see where it came from. The sound was getting louder and the panther sees a tall treehouse made from a shipwreck. He climbs up the stairs of the treehouse and noticed the door was open, heading inside and noticing the cry was coming from a crib. Then he sees blood on the wooden floor of a two-legged creature. He checked and saw it was a blond woman lying dead. The panther soon moves the covers away from the baby, seeing it was a little boy with blond hair just like his mother. The panther sniffed the strange fur-less baby but it made the baby grab the whiskers.

"Kyehehehehe!" The baby giggled cutely.

The panther was curious about this strange creature but realized that it's a baby and babies need a mama. Suddenly, he sniffed a scent of an animal and it wasn't very friendly. He turned around and saw a male lion with a scar on its left eye, growling at the panther for caring for a baby.

The panther growled as if saying "back off!" to the lion.

The lion like everyone calls them the king of the jungle, he did not like humans entering his jungle. The panther was not gonna let this king of the jungle kill an innocent baby. So he pounced at the lion and they crashed through the window, into the makeshift balcony's awning, clawing through it as they crash on the floor. The panther was no match for this majestic beast but he had to protect the baby. He rolled and kicked the lion with his hind legs towards the edge. Roaring in anger and clawed the lion in the face.

"RAAAAAAAGH!!!" The lion roared in pain.

The panther knew he had to get rid of the lion to save the baby. He clawed him again and the lion just ran off in defeat but he won't forget that panther and the human. The panther went back to the baby and carried him carefully. The baby giggled that it felt like a ride. They headed deep into the jungle, being careful with the baby without biting him. The panther got up from the trees and gently placed the baby in an abandoned chimp nest.

"I'll take good care of you little one" The panther spoke.

The panthers gathered around to see what their friend brought.

"It's a human!" The female panther gasped.

The roar made the baby cry from the noise.

"Shhhhhh" The male panther hushed and the baby calms down.

"Please tell me he was all alone," A regular colored leopard said.

"Yes, a lion killed his mother," The male panther said.

"Plagg, humans are a threat. Raising this human cub will have serious consequences in the future" The leopard said.

"I know but he's a baby. He can learn to be one of us. Go get a mother panther to nurse him" Plagg said, knowing that this baby needs warm milk to live.

"Then you may keep him," The leopard said.

"So what are you gonna call him?" The cub asked while her mom helps nurse the human baby.

"I'm gonna call him Cat Noir," Plagg said.

"Ba!" Cat Noir finished drinking milk from a female panther and yawned in exhaustion.

"Come here little Noir" Plagg gently picks him up, carried him back to the tree, and laid down. Using his fur body to keep Cat Noir warm so he doesn't get sick.

"Sleep well my Cat Noir" Plagg gently nudged him.

-

Over the years, Plagg taught Cat Noir how to hunt, starting as a 5-year-old he taught him how to pounce at his prey, a few times he failed until he succeeded. Later at 7, he was taught to climb up the trees, even making makeshift knuckledusters with claws as weapons. 7 years later as a teenager, he has become a professional hunter in the jungle. He even made a spear weapon to defend himself from bigger predators. He also wears a black panther loincloth and a native panther mask that he found in the cave. He even marked himself with a paw logo. And a necklace with panther teeth. Most of them are kept as a reminder of fellow panthers in the jungle.

He swung from vine to vine to find Plagg and talks about what kind of animal he is but he still won't understand. He found him at the waterfall drinking water.

"Why can't you tell me, Plagg?" Cat Noir asked.

"You're still a cub, Cat Noir. And besides, you evolved into a better animal" Plagg said.

"An apex predator, yeah," Cat Noir said.

"And you make weapons with your ape hands," Plagg said and walks with him into the jungle.

"I know because I don't have fangs and claws like you do," Cat Noir said.

"Who knows if you're related to monkeys but no animal has long hair on their heads," Plagg said.

"Well the chimpanzees and gorillas have hands like me too," Cat Noir said.

"And no tail like us. You're not fast like a panther and who knows if a bigger predator might eat you" Plagg said and climbs the tree.

"I just wanna fit in with the panthers, Plagg. I only have two legs" Cat Noir climbs too.

"I know, you may not be as camouflaged like us but you're a master at hiding," Plagg said.

"Come on. I use mud to hide my scent" Cat Noir said, grabbing bananas from the branch to eat, "I don't understand why you big cats don't like fruits"

"It's not part of our diet," Plagg said.

"But for me, I eat meat and fruits" Cat Noir belched after finishing his banana.

"And you like to swim too. My cub is growing up so fast" Plagg licks his paw.

"And they say many felines hate water" Cat Noir sat down on the branch.

"Speaking of water, you need a bath," Plagg said.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll go for the waterfalls" Cat Noir said and grabs a vine to swing on.

Once there, Cat Noir got into the waters and below the waterfall. He had his mask placed on a rock nearby as he showered. Maybe Plagg is right that he can't tell him because he won't understand just yet. What if he's more than just an animal in the jungle? After all, he has more ape traits than feline traits.

After being done getting clean, he puts his mask on and his accessories. He picks his spear to wander through the jungle. Sniffing for a scent that could be nearby. He held his spear out in defense.