1.7

hazel's pov

as soon as i my eyes met landon's, his face turned red and i swear you could see the smoke coming out of his ears. he grabbed my arm with the tightest grip i've ever felt and dragged me like a dog, over to a corner of the room. we were isolated, away from everyone. fuck.

i gasped in pain and clutched my arm as he finally let me out of his grasp. "you bitch! are you actually kidding me?! you were spending time in the bathroom rather than letting me in the fucking room?! i was out there. in the freezing cold, for 20 minutes!!! WHAT THE FUCK HAZEL?!" he looked like a psycho. i've always been on edge around him. i've always felt scared when i was with him. but this, this was the most frightened i have ever felt. he was my worst fear. i know the most he could do to me right now, in this secluded area, was yell and maybe hit me but i had never felt more fear.

at this point, i could sense that everyone in the room went quiet after he screamed. i saw from the corner of my eye, baz and tom slightly approaching us, tom holding a can of maze. i felt a little safer. landon was oblivious to everyone else right now. he always went into a different zone when he was angry. it was like no one else was around. my eyes were darting around the room, looking for austin. he was nowhere to be seen. landon grabbed my neck and pulled me closer to his face. he was fucking strong. my feet had lifted off the floor. tears were threatening to fall down my cheeks as i struggled to breathe.

"lan- landon pl-please let me g- go. i-i can't bre- athe!"

this only made his grip on my neck tighter. then surprisingly, he started crying? "b-baby, i love you so much, never leave me please?!" i look at him, tears streaming down both our faces. i was feeling really lightheaded and dizzy. as landon was about to say something else, a hand came up and punched him round the face, knocking his head against the wall, causing him to fall to the floor. i fell down too, weak and in pain. i looked over to my right, seeing austin. his jaw was clenched and his eyebrows furrowed. he looked pissed. "YOU!" he points at landon. "GET THE FUCK OUT!!" he screams, causing me to cover my ears and cry silently into my knees.

landon scrambles over to the door, like a coward, earning a few 'fuck you's' and 'eat shit's' from the crew. i looked up towards austin, he seemed less angry now, more worried. he bent down to my level, being careful not to smother me but he comforted me. he looked at my neck, clenching his jaw again, lightly brushing his fingertips over my bruises, making me flinch. "i-i am sorry, i didn't mean to-"

"no no don't worry. thank you." i said, standing up slowly. i was still crying, a lot. i don't really cry that often, but when i do, i don't stop.

i continued crying through the sympathetic looks, the medical attention, the supposedly 'soothing' talks from a 'specialist'. up until i had to shower. landon's nails had kinda dug into my arm so there was a bit of blood on my clothes. i felt really faint so austin had to help me into the shower. everyone else had gone outside to give me some space. don't ask me where diamond was throughout this whole thing. austin helped me get rid of my clothes and guided me into the shower. he was being so sweet and respectful. "tha-thank you. you don't have to do this." i shivered.

"shh hazel, don't worry, i wanna help you." he smiled. he washed my arm down as i winced in pain. he scrubbed my back and washed my hair. i finally was clean but as he was wet and covered in soap, i dried myself as he quickly got the soap off himself and got dry. i sat on the countertop in the bathroom, towel-drying my hair. i watched as austin dried my body with his towel before drying himself. i saw how thoughtful and caring he was. i saw how different he was. not just to landon, to anyone else i've ever dated. i couldn't understand how someone who's so famous, so successful, so hot could be interested in me?

i realised i was staring at him too much so i decided to get changed. he smiled at me. no smirk, just a smile. i liked it.

"are you doing any better? need any more water?" he asked.