1.5

austin's pov

i was skeptical to take the blame for hazel. but she just looked so innocent and confused. i told baz that it was my fault and he shouldn't be mad at hazel. i wanted to take the blame for her. why? she completely blew me off and left me for that dick who's stroking her gorgeous thighs right now. why do i still care? why does the thought of him touching even her shoulder make my blood boil? i usually don't give a girl the time of day in a situation like this. why is this time different?

after i confessed that it was my fault, we all shared facts about each other and went back inside. by the time we got in, it was 4:45 pm.

i saw diamond rushing over to me. "baby can we go somewhere? you know, a little more private?" she whispered, with a devilish expression on her face. i knew what she meant. i just didn't want to.

"what do you mean?"

"you know what i mean. come on babycakes." she screeched, dragging me by the hand into one of the bathrooms, locking the door behind her. she started taking off her clothes, trying to be sexy. ordinarily, this would've worked for me and would've turned me on but i just couldn't get hazel out of my head.

"diamond i don't know if i'm in the mood." i said, trying to stop her from embarrassment.

she came closer to me and started to softly kiss my neck. "shh baby, i'll get you in the mood."

i have to admit, i was a little turned on but it still didn't feel right.

"hey, maybe we can just talk outside for a bit. cuddle?" i said, trying to be sweet, when i knew full well the only reason i wanted to do that was because i knew hazel would be looking. i want her to feel how i feel. unbelievably consumed with a fire and a need for her. i wanted her so bad. she's like a drug. intoxicating. she makes me feel things i've never felt before. i used to think she was just a pretty, funny, cool girl but now? now she's on my mind every second of every day. i'm still mad at her. i still want her to leave that bag of dicks she has sleeping next to her. but she makes me feel so different. good different. dangerous different.

hazel's pov

when we got back into the room, i was exhausted, i hadn't done anything all day but still, i wanted to collapse. i lay down on my bed and checked my phone.

**new text message from landon**

babe can u let me in please, i went out for a smoke and i can't get back in. xx

i sighed and got off the bed, chucking my phone on it in frustration and made my way to the back door. as i was walking, i noticed austin and diamond on a bed close to mine, kissing and cuddling. i completely lost my train of thought and just stood there, creepily looking at them. they hadn't noticed me thank god, but i was just staring at them, in disgust. why did they have to do that now? here? in front of everyone?

i looked around the room and, in all fairness, i saw almost every couple doing the exact same thing. it still hurt. i know i was the dick and i know i fucked everything up but it just hurt to see them so happy and comfortable. i tried to swallow the anger and sadness inside of me and rushed to the toilet. i slammed the door shut. sliding my body down the door, bursting into tears. i wanted to die. seeing them like that made me want to die. why did i feel that strongly? like i needed him? i'd always felt so secure and happy with just being by myself and not having to think about anyone else, well before landon at least, and now, i want to know every thought he thinks and feel every feeling he feels.

okay this is getting creepy now. i stopped crying and decided to get up and wash my face, smoothing down my shirt and opening the bathroom door. only to be met with the most beautiful eyes i know.

austin.