86

I laid on top of Isaiah still after we'd woken up an hour ago and neither of us had gotten up.

I'd explained the plot of my movie and he was intrigued. He also thought it was cool that my acting was so good, it got Durango to rewrite the script just for me.

"I'm gonna buy every ticket on the fuckin' planet for this movie." he stated and I laughed. "What're you gonna do when you get back?"
"I have another week or two of filming. A few photo shoots. And we're gonna start interviews soon once the trailer is released."
"Damn. Booked and busy." he stated.
"Just a little." I snickered.
"When's it gonna be out?"
"April 5th."
"I can't wait that long." he groaned.
I snickered. "I'm sorry but they have a lot of editing they have to do. It would be worse if this was an action or fantasy movie I'm pretty sure."
"I'm gonna be the first guy in the theater."
"I believe you."

We laid there quietly and I gently ran my nails up and down his toned abdomen. A lot of things changed since we'd broken up but he definitely never stopped working out.

"Did you delete my number?" he asked randomly.
"No? Did you delete mine."
He smiled. "No."
"Why're you so happy?" I scoffed.
"Never did that before."
"Did what?"
"Not deleted each other's number after a break up. I'm takin' that as a sign."
I snickered. "Yea, it's a sign."
He kissed my head as we continued to lay there.

~~~

I'd spent the rest of that week either with Isaiah or my dad.

Pam knew I was back and we even visited her. She hugged me so tightly that I struggled to breathe and had to catch my breath once she let me go.

She offered to cook me dinner and asked me how I'd been.
I told Isaiah that I didn't want to tell her about the movie just yet. So we'd surprise her with the trailer and let her see for herself.

Luckily, it didn't take long for that to be emailed to me.

I got it on Christmas Eve and me and my dad watched it together, closely.

It was weird when a romance scene between me and Morgan popped up but other than that it was great. Those scenes were so hard to do. I'm not that much of a natural at this yet, so filming me making out with someone and getting undressed in front of that same someone was...nerve wracking.

"Wow." he said once it ended.
"Did you like?" I smiled.
"You can act." he chuckled. "Goddamnit, you can act." He pressed play again and I felt jittery I was so happy. It turned out so good with capturing scenes to show Annie and Daniel's romance but also the horrors of the murders and Annie's anger and sadness. I was so excited for the full film.
"THAT PART RIGHT THERE! When you're yelling at him?! That shit was...impeccable. Had poor Morgan thinkin' he was actually in trouble." my dad said and I laughed.
"I just know this movie's about to be amazing. Five stars."
I giggled. "Thank you."
"Of course."
"You'll be there when it premieres."

"What was that?" he asked and stared at the screen.
"Do you want to go with me to the premiere?"

He turned and looked at me with shock dripping from his face.
"Like..."
"Like the red carpet premiere of the movie. Meet the other actors and the directors. Have your pictures taken. Dress really nice," I explained.
"You serious?"
"Yea, if you're not busy. I can kind of invite whoever I want."
"Wow..."
"Do you want to?" I asked.
"Yea! Yea, I want to! Hell yea! This is a big accomplishment for you, of course I wanna be there!"
"Good! We're gonna have the best time." I stated.

I told Isaiah that I'd received the trailer and he rushed over here to pick me up then drive us to his mother's house.

"MA!" he shouted once we walked in.
She came down the stairs. "Are you gonna scream every time you enter my house?" she asked.
"Yea."
I watched her roll her eyes and I laughed.

"Willow has something she wants to show you."
"Really?" she smiled, confused.
"Yea..." I replied.
"Okay, well let's go."

We all rushed to sit on her couch and Isaiah connected my phone to the tv since the trailer wasn't posted on any medias yet.

I sat back and watched both of their reactions and the trailer itself.

"Wow..." Pam mumbled.
I smiled and looked at the scenes too.
Then I looked back at Isaiah. His eyes were glued to the screen.

Something made his lip curl upwards in disgust.
I looked at the screen, wondering what happened.
It was the make out scene between me and Morgan. That scene was a big deal because it was her first time being in his house.
I looked back at Isaiah who was sitting back against the couch, his face was fixed.

I looked back at the screen and saw the scene of Annie running and pulling Daniel by his hand behind her. She was excited to show him something and he was just happy to follow her.
They stopped, but before she could show him the thing, he pulled her to him again and held her by her waist.
Their faces pulled closer, both smiling.
And then the movie title.

"So...?" I asked them happily.
"BEAUTIFUL! I genuinely want to go see it and not just because my daughter in law is the star." she stated.
"Ma..." Isaiah called her.
"What? I don't care. I'm gonna ride that wave until you get a new beach."
I laughed.
"Anyways, that looks amazing, sweet pea. I'm so happy for you." she stated.
"Thank you." I smiled.

I looked at Isaiah to get his opinion too.
"Who was that?" he asked.
"Who was who?"
"The guy."
"Isaiah, I told you it was a romance movie." I stated.
"I thought you said it was a thriller."
"Well...yea, it is. But there's also romance."
He looked back at the screen.

"Isaiah, her job is to act." Pam stated.
"I know that."
"So why are you upset that she's pretending to be in love with another man? Also that she did it while you two were broken up? Get it together."
"I ain't say I was upset."
"I'm lookin' at your face. You're upset."
He didn't answer.

Pam looked at me. "I don't know how you put up with him." she sighed and walked off.
I giggled.

My eyes looked back at Isaiah who was messing with his pants to avoid eye contact.

"Are you upset that I kiss Morgan in this movie?" I asked.
He took a deep breath. "I know I'm not allowed to be."
"You're allowed to be. You can have emotions." I responded. "But can I tell you why I think you shouldn't be?"
He looked at me.
"I'm not romantically interested in Morgan. At all. He's a nice guy. Very funny. And he's attractive. But after spending about half a year with him, don't you think we'd be together by now?"
He looked away again.
"It's like me daring you to eat a banana. You ate the banana because you kind of had to. Not because you wanted to. And just because you did, doesn't mean you like to eat bananas." I snickered.
He snickered too. "Alright, I get it."
"Do you really?"
"Yea, I'm not upset anymore."
"So you'll go see it?" I asked.
"Oh I was gonna see it regardless. I'm just gon' shut my eyes." he stated and I laughed.

"Better not be any scenes of him takin' your clothes off either." he stated.
I sighed as I stood up. "Probably best you don't watch the movie then." I walked off.
"Yo, are you for real?!" he yelled and got up to follow me.