Chapter Seven

Fay Harlow

HE'S A DAD? The person i had been with for four years was a father; did he know? He went to jail for sexual assault, he lied about that he told me it was because he fought a guy at a club. Did the child know who their dad is? Does Noah get to see the child or i guess the mother probably wouldn't allow it. So many questions were running through my brain as i tried to piece together all of the lies; how could Noah not tell me something like this because he raped her. Just like he did to me, i press my hand to my stomach and feel myself cringe; thankfully my period had just finished yesterday. I couldn't handle being impregnated by Noah, that would destroy me because even if the baby was made in a way i didn't like it would of been hard for me to 'get rid of it'. Maybe i can understand why she kept the baby? Western comes into my field of view as he places a glass of water on the coffee table.

"You feeling better now?" He asks.

He had found me in the kitchen when i awoke i grabbed my phone and made sure Joey knew i was okay. He was apologetic and i told him it was okay, i'm glad i knew about the baby because now i was one hundred percent done with Noah. Western didn't question as to why i had fainted; not yet anyway.

"Yes thank you," I tell him grabbing the glass from the table taking a sip of the water, "Just a tiny headache."

"I might head back outside and check on the barn, are you okay?" He says, i don't blame him for being uncomfortable after he just found me past out, he stood awkwardly on the other side of the coffee table with his arms crossed staring at me.

"No worries, i'll be out there soon anyway to check on Tucker," i tell him, i look down at my body and see i am wearing my nightie with no bra, i grab a cushion from the couch and cover myself up, "i just have to change."

I feel myself flush with embarrassment when i see his signature smirk appear on his face as he looks at the pillow covering my breasts, "No worries, i have nothing else to do today so if you want we can paint the barn?"

I raise an eyebrow, "you want to paint the barn with me? Don't you have souls to reap?"

He chuckles shaking his head, "Not today, i'll meet you at the barn." He walks out of the lounge room and before his footsteps disappear he yells out, "You don't have to cover yourself! It's nothing i haven't seen before!"

I press my hand against my forehead and groan, i had forgotten about last night events in the lake and the fact he had definitely seen me naked and my naked body was pressed against his. The calls this morning and then the fainting i guess i ended up becoming less stressed about what happened last night; which was a huge mistake. I hope he realised this, i was drunk and sad so i turned to the closest guy that could fill a void that was missing from me since i left Noah. It was hard for me to be alone, it was something i had struggled with my whole life whether that was because my mother left us or when i moved away all of my friends here fell out of touch with me and it was scary. I hated being alone, i was grateful for Olivia but at this point it made me wonder if she knew about the real reason why Noah went to jail if she knew about the child. My whole life in the city at this rate felt like a lie, maybe i can close up my bakery and move back here? At least i would have my dad, it sounded like the best thing to do; but then I'd miss Joey. He has been the only constant person in my life that hasn't disappointed me.

TUCKER was running around the paddock when i walked towards the barn, i smile watching him wishing i had a carefree life like he did. He was another reason that made moving back here sound amazing, i could get back into racing and at least here i can still do the things i love. My eyes scan the area for Western whom i spot placing the can of paint down on the cement that surrounded the barn. He had set up all the painting equipment for us to paint the barn, the farm was quiet today and those were my favourite types of days. Where there's not much to do but just check on things and do the fun stuff, i enter the paddock and walk towards Western who was now fending off Tucker who was stomping his front leg on the ground.