Mick Schumacher; Leaving Do.

Start from the beginning

"There is no question. I will miss all the incredible women I have worked with and raced against the last two years, especially you." She said, blinking her eyes rapidly to keep the tears at bay. Jamie sniffled and the press was loving it, lapping it up like it was water in a desert. Jamie sent her a small wink and sat down, before the next question came.

"This is for the male Haas drivers. Do you think the culture of the paddock is suitable for young women like your newest team member?" His name wasn't visible from their view, so they shared a look before letting their speeches free.

"It's the fanbase I would be more concerned about. Red Bull have had to take precautions so that their shared duties lead strategist, Hannah Schmitz, doesn't have to see the vitriol that is online, spewed by the gatekeepers of the sport." Kevin argued, reclining in his seat. "The guys in the paddock are respectful of women in racing, no matter their capacity. I want to make it clear, and Günther, Mick and I all discussed this privately, if anything is said about or happens to (Y/N), there will be consequences per the FIA and F1 governing bodies, and an angry Italian, German and Dane."

"Mick, same question."

He sighed, leaning forward and resting his forearms on the table. "I agree with everything Kevin has said, the fanbase is sadly misogynistic by a sizeable margin, and the women we have through the paddock are one hundred percent deserving of their roles within the sport. I understand that it could be that we are being overly protective as (Y/N) is a grown woman, but she is part of the team, and doesn't deserve anything cruel if it comes her way."

Günther waded into the conversation and said his piece. "She's a member of the team, she is a valued asset as a driver with experience. If shit kicks off, we'll handle it appropriately and fairly."

That reporter sat down, obviously pleased having received the answer he was looking for, and then Aaron Brown from Road and Track stood up, waving at her. "It's lovely to see you on this stage, (Y/N), last time we spoke it was a tougher time for you, and I'm glad you got out of that." He started strong, making her giggle as she nodded. "I'm shocked this hasn't been asked yet, but in a previous interview during Formula Three, you said that Michael Schumacher was your idol, how does it feel to be sat next to you idol's son?"

"Well, Mick has been wonderful to me, and I was lucky to meet Michael during karting, and I love him like he's my spare father still."

More questions about how their friendships work, how her life will change, then the tabloid questions came up, asking who'd she date on the paddock, if she hadn't already, and what size she wears, etc. It slowly wore away at her exterior, and she managed to hide the exhaustion in her (E/C) eyes until the conference was done.
She let out a sigh of relief the moment the microphones and cameras were off, filing out with her team and chugging from her bottle of water. "I hate when they try to prey on my personal life."

Mick chuckled as he softly rested his hand on the small of her back, Kev wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "You've managed to keep your relationship with thus far, I'm impressed." The Dane teased, seeing them both blush. "I'm old, I've got married and had a kid, I know the look." He then left them alone as they entered the Haas unit. The pair stood in stunned silence for a moment before giggling, heading to the locker room that held their gear.

"Your leaving dinner with the W series team is tonight, right?" Mick asked, wriggling his way into his motorcycle jacket. "Lance and Esteban have organised a little get together for you after, you're not supposed to know, but I don't want your schedule to be packed tightly." He then grabbed his keys and gloves, forcing them down his hands as he watched (Y/N) get in her leathers.

"It is tonight, but it's from six o'clock until about eight-thirty, most of the girls have to get on with their training tomorrow,' she explained, fiddling with the zip as she tucked her shirt underneath. "And it's not a leaving do, it's a new beginnings celebration!" She huffed, grabbing her helmet from the locker.