Chapter 3

TW: Brief mentions of killings

I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow and I didn't have any nightmares like I usually did back at home. I swear that house is haunted by all the people my father has killed and more, the house felt like it was a couple hundred years old.

I woke up at 6 and got ready for the day before anyone was up except for Indu, whose bed was empty and neatly made. I made my way back to the main common room area to find a few people already up practicing spells and reading. Some of them looked like they didn't get any sleep. A book levitated past my head and I almost got hit with a book two people were playing catch with. I looked at the nearest student and made a look that asked 'why they were doing this' and he looked back at me with a look that said 'I have no idea what they are doing, they are crazy'. I watched as Phoebe came and took the book from them then scolded them, I would have taken the book, whacked them both in the head then walked away.

I finally found Indu hidden behind a globe reading a book. She looked up "Oh, hi Circe, what are you doing up this early?"

"I could ask you the same question. I like getting up earlier and being ahead of the rush"

"Same as you and I wanted to do some reading, it's too dark in the dorm"

"You excited for classes?" I asked

"Of course, I finally get to do the magic I have been reading about for months"

"Why couldn't you just do it yourself? You had a wand"

"My mom's a muggle, my dad was the wizard so I couldn't have done magic and I didn't want to do it wrong"

"Oh sorry, sometimes I forget some people have a muggle parent or parents"

"No, it's ok, I understand. Do you have any siblings that go to this school?"

"Yeah, I have two older brothers who can be pains in the butt"

"Slytherins?"

"Yeah, they probably were surprised I got into Ravenclaw or at least my oldest brother"

"You don't seem like much of a Slytherin to me, I mean I see some but I see mostly Ravenclaw and a little Hufflepuff"

My mouth dropped and I started smiling, I put my hand on my chest "No offense to the Hufflepuffs but I am offended" I smiled and couldn't stop laughing "you did not just say that"

"I did just say that, and I stand by that" She started laughing too.

We sat together and talked back and forth till 8, then Phoebe came and told us she was taking all the first years who were ready to the Great Hall for breakfast.

I made sure I had all my stuff for classes then we left the common room.

We followed her through the hallways and Indu and I continued talking about many different things. When we made it to the Great Hall it was already filled with students, I saw my brothers Thomas and Mattheo at the Slytherin table. Mattheo caught my eye and gave me a small smile.

I heard someone come up behind me and Cora tapped me on the shoulder from behind.

I turned around and she was standing with two other girls looking like she was the queen of the world "Hey you want to sit with us?" She asked in her high voice that made my ears hurt a little bit then she tilted her head and looked around the Great Hall.

"Can Indu join us as well" I asked

"We just want you to sit with us, no one else" Cora replied

"Well then, I politely decline your offer" I turned back around

"Come on Indu let's go eat" I started walking away from Cora and towards the Ravenclaw table. Indu came up next to me and she glanced at me. I glanced at her "What?"

She smiled "I can't believe you said that, you basically just challenged the girl who is probably going to become the most popular girl in our year who will probably have 5 boyfriends"

"Did I?" I asked "I would much rather hang out with you then any other popular mean girl, maybe if she was nicer we all could be 'popular' together but I'm not leaving you" I made air quotes when I said the second popular.

We sat down and started eating "What class do you have first?" I asked

"Charms," she smiled. "How about you?"

"Me too, we have charms together" 

767 words